SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first post on here..... scary stuff.

got a 2006 9-5 2.3 aero. no warning lights on the dash at the moment but in the past it has stalled at low revs (hasn't done it recently) and there is a sort of throb and lurch about the idle as if the engine is trying to jump out the front of the car.. it drives normal and there's no issues on highways or getting away from lights, but on ignition or pauses when we come to a stop it will start lurching and jumping. it doesn't seem to have anything to do with temperature or weather.

anything i can do at the moment? I have seen forums about the cel code p1110 but i don't have a warning light like they did. they talked about checking vacuum hoses. any other possibilities or faults?

·
Registered
89 Posts
check your transmission fluid level - when mine gets low the car starts to stall when coming to a stop at idle. worse if i step on the brakes hard and the fluid sloshes around.

the surging - most likely a vacuum problem.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Check the vacuum lines especially the ones at TB (throttle body)

·
Registered
448 Posts
im having the exact same problems with my 02 v6. Im not sure if it is exactly the same but I know my vacuum lines are good. (if its the same we could rule that out) Ive heard around CPS (crankshaft position sensor). If you hve a meter you can check the ohms on that to see if its functioning properly.
Have you done any modification to the car? Im wondering if this is a MAF/MAP issue.
How does yours stall? Mine is very...peaceful, i guess is the way to say it. almost like it just turns off. there are times when it almost dies where it starts bucking though.
Also, do any of your warning lights come on AFTER the stall?
Does it start right back up? (with no lights after stall)
Does this seem to only happen when the car is warmed up?

Sorry for the 20 questions, but hopefully we can all get to the botytom of this (I know there are 2 other threads that sound idetical to our problem...neither have been answered :confused:)

Good luck,
Matt

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers saaber. i dont suppose you know where i could get a diagram of the vacuum leads. the engine is pretty much untouched on my part, never had many problems and never made any mods. and there are several visible lines one that appears to make a hissing sound but im pretty sure this isn't part of the vacuum and is certainly not near the throttle body.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im having the exact same problems with my 02 v6. Im not sure if it is exactly the same but I know my vacuum lines are good. (if its the same we could rule that out) Ive heard around CPS (crankshaft position sensor). If you hve a meter you can check the ohms on that to see if its functioning properly.
Have you done any modification to the car? Im wondering if this is a MAF/MAP issue.
How does yours stall? Mine is very...peaceful, i guess is the way to say it. almost like it just turns off. there are times when it almost dies where it starts bucking though.
Also, do any of your warning lights come on AFTER the stall?
Does it start right back up? (with no lights after stall)
Does this seem to only happen when the car is warmed up?

Sorry for the 20 questions, but hopefully we can all get to the botytom of this (I know there are 2 other threads that sound idetical to our problem...neither have been answered :confused:)

Good luck,
Matt
no modifications.
in the past it has stalled. and exactly as you said, just dies peacefully. and no warning lights (which is what puzzles me the most)
and it does start up fine all the time even after the stall.
and im not really in the car enough to say, from what I've seen the temp of the engine makes no difference to the lurches or performance.
today I noticed for the first time that the throb and lurches ONLY happen when in drive (its an auto) and in neutral the car is fine. unfortunately it was quite dark and hot under the hood so I didn't look for very long.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
another update. sat in the car today... it has to be idling for about 20 seconds to start becoming lumpy. and when it bumps and lurches the turbo needle drops slightly then picks up and carries on doing so.
this may be why i found the hissing sound nearer the turbo... what should i be checking then?

·
Registered
2 Posts
first post on here..... scary stuff.

got a 2006 9-5 2.3 aero. no warning lights on the dash at the moment but in the past it has stalled at low revs (hasn't done it recently) and there is a sort of throb and lurch about the idle as if the engine is trying to jump out the front of the car.. it drives normal and there's no issues on highways or getting away from lights, but on ignition or pauses when we come to a stop it will start lurching and jumping. it doesn't seem to have anything to do with temperature or weather.

anything i can do at the moment? I have seen forums about the cel code p1110 but i don't have a warning light like they did. they talked about checking vacuum hoses. any other possibilities or faults?
Jake95AERO did you ever find a fix for this? I'm having the same problem and my mechanic is stumped.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes. That was the first thing he did. Then he cleaned the "throttle plate". Car ran great for about 100 miles then started acting up again intermittently. Brought it back to the mechanic and he replaced a broken crankcase vacuum vent valve. Car ran great for 100 miles. Now it acts up on the highway EVERY time I take it out. Stalled out the other night after a hard deceleration. I've seen a number of threads about this issue. Some seem to think a new throttle body may be needed, or maybe it's the fuel pump regulator. The fact that it was intermittent and seemed "fixed" after being in the shop twice has me stumped.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Clean the throttle body

Mine had the same thing earlier this year. What fixed it was a good cleaning of the throttle body.
Not always a cure but worked on mine. I've seen worse than what mine was, not caked but sticky enough not to let the butterfly valve close enough. This will cause Idle problems and stalling, not to mention the boost pressure will bump with the surging idle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts