SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Saab 95 it’s been stalling a lot and when i turn it off after a drive it won’t start again until it cools down. Most of the time I spray starting fluid to the throttle body. Any suggestions as to what could be the problem

·
Registered
8,160 Posts
Could be the crank position sensor. How does it stall: does the engine die away, or does it just instantly cut out, or does it stutter and occasionally fire?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could be the crank position sensor. How does it stall: does the engine die away, or does it just instantly cut out, or does it stutter and occasionally fire?
Stutter a lot and occasionally died on me at a red light or stop sign. I basically drive like a standard one foot on the gas and the other on brakes just in case

·
Registered
8,160 Posts
Hmm, I don't know what might be causing that. Maybe a failing ignition cassette. Is it original/OEM (labelled SEM) and are the spark plugs the correct ones and in good condition?

Is the Check Engine light on? Has the car been scanned for engine codes?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm, I don't know what might be causing that. Maybe a failing ignition cassette. Is it original/OEM (labelled SEM) and are the spark plugs the correct ones and in good condition?

Is the Check Engine light on? Has the car been scanned for engine codes?
Changed the plugs last summer but I’ll check into trying a new cassette and or the cps
Replace CPS ASAP.
Replace bypass valve.
Replace CPS ASAP.
Replace bypass valve.
Thanks so much mimmi I kinda thought about the CPS but will replace the bypass valve too

1 - 7 of 7 Posts