SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody using T7 suite over here? I've so far tuned 2 9-5 cars up (st 1+) pretty effectively using only the tuning wizard. However, now I'm installing some stage 3 hardware and looking for a way to optimize the tunes (on the cheap DIY of course).

I'm thinking of just slowly upping the 'tune me up' torque and HP numbers over time as I drive and adjust to the hardware...but even after a good bit of reading/searching I'm not clear on how or if trionic 'detects' and adapts to hardware upgrades.

Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Don't give up! Tuning is fun and not that difficult once you get past the learning curve.

You kinda have the right approach. The tune me up will make an ok stage 1 tune, but I would not use it for further tuning. You should now begin understanding what does what and why. Dont do foolish and lazy things either like some other tuners do such as disabling torque limiters or reducing knock sensitivity. Your going to need to get into all the necessary maps and start playing. You will also most definately want to start datalogging and should Get a wideband hooked up (this is the biggest must have for tuning)!!!!

I know the trionic forums are tough to get info out of, but just read all the archives, download tunes, and absorb all you can.

If you get stuck I might be able to help guide you, but like on the trionic forums, I'm going to only give clues and leave it to you to figure out the rest.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Man. Really appreciated. I'm taking my time with it all and learning along the way. So far, I'm pretty happy with the improvements, especially on the LPT. I've already got a wideband sensor on the shopping list, and I've also got the Greg Banish books on the list as well to help me 'get up to speed.':cheesy:

My main issue is nobody does much to help out a noob on those T7 forums, and they're pretty hard to navigate on your own. Apparently there's too many lazy guys around just trolling for 'free tunes'...so most everybody just ignores questions from the noob DIY'ers.

·
Registered
453 Posts
The key to getting the best answers from the guys that know everything is to ask very specific questions. Most people start threads along the lines of "Noob needs tuning help". After seeing 500 threads with that title, it is hard to find motivation to even open the thread. If you post a tuned file and ask questions about it that way, people over there are much more likely to answer your question.

As far as the tune me up feature for going past stage 1, just remember that it only adjusts a few maps to reach a target airmass. You still are left to make sure the other maps are sufficient for the values you request.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey Rabbit,
I had the same question as the OP. You say it makes an OK stage1. Just OK? What do you do for your Stage 1?
If i go the tune wizard route what HP/Torque numbers do you recommend?
I think I will try myself and see how it goes. Still interested in your tune though.
FYI. 2003 9-5 Aero wagon. Manual
Thanks!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You will also most definately want to start datalogging and should Get a wideband hooked up (this is the biggest must have for tuning)!!!!
Rabbit or any1 else have experience with this wideband rig?

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/MTXL.php

The Banish book recommends a really pricey pro calibrator wideband setup, but I think those are out of my league at this point. I want accurate/reliable readings and logging and can't tell if this one'll do the basics of what I need just starting out.

·
Banned
1,042 Posts
I'd do more research on what exactly is needed for tuning T7 with WB. You might not need the 2" LCD read out. But it is slick.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
You just need a sensor and controller for t7, no gauge necessary as you can map it to openSID as well as have the ecu log and map your average afr's at specific load points over time.

When I bought mine I found the combination gauge/controller by AEM was a great deal. Sorry I don't recall the model atm. I've heard mixed things about innovate products, same for aem. I've had mine in for over a year, zero issues and still on my original sensor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts