SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive herd alot about watching out for lots of tourque when tunning a autobox... i was wondering if anyone has gone for stage three on theres or if they know if it would work without destroying the tranny. Would there maybe be other things i would need to replace inorder to stay alive.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Mikepol has done this. Really the only thing to do is change the transmission oil more frequently. Also rico is running 220whp thru his auto tranny as well (dont remember the wheel torque, but its more than 220lbft)

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
if the tuner is adept at trionic they should be able to tailor the program to produce a more gentle boost curve so the stress on the gearbox isn't as great. also they would limit torque to a sensible level, somewhere around 370-400nM depending on which tuner....

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Mines a Stage 4 (and a bit) :cool:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Hirsch Performance (official Saab Tuner) limits the torque for the 9-3 auto to 280Nm. But Saab still will cover the whole factory warranty even with the tuning.

My independant Saab mechanik says that up to 320Nm is no problem, as the auto box in the 9-3 is the same as the one of the 9-5 aero.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Ravenous666 said:
My independant Saab mechanik says that up to 320Nm is no problem, as the auto box in the 9-3 is the same as the one of the 9-5 aero.
you sure about that?:confused:

I know the newer aero with the 5 speed auto can hold ALOT more torque than the 4 speed boxes on older 9-5 aeros and 9-3's. as much as the manual up to stage 3 or so...:eek:

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Wow! Did I miss something? Can somebody verify this?????

·
Registered
436 Posts
abdukted1456 said:
you sure about that?:confused:

I know the newer aero with the 5 speed auto can hold ALOT more torque than the 4 speed boxes on older 9-5 aeros and 9-3's. as much as the manual up to stage 3 or so...:eek:
Thats what he told me. He surely meant the older 9-5s with 4 speed auto.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts