SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Always gotta be one joker:cheesy:

Ok so lets say I've boosted a Flat screen plasma telly and need to get away fast what do you think the turbo in my car should be "boosting" to on stage 3 software?

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Jules93Conv said:
Hi,
What should I be boosting on my 02 93 HOT (M) with stage 3 ECU?

Jules
If you have the equipment to look into airmass (OBD logger) look into that instead of boost. I have airmass plots from two stage III 93 HOT cars if you want to compare.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The reason I am asking is that I need to confirm that my Stage 3 is actually a Stage 3. I'm getting sustained boost of 1.1Bar (16.17psi) it peaks briefly to 1.2Bar (17.63psi). My car is very quick but I just want to know what others at stage 3 are boosting to.

I don't have any logging equipment other than a boost gauge sorry.

Jules

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Wouldn't this vary a lot depending on the weather and such?

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
My T7 knowledge is admittedly limited, but wouldn't the boost level depend greatly on the air mass density, which in turn is affected by temperature, humidity, altitude, etc.?

If this is the case, you'd need to find a local T7 H.O.T with the same programming and compare numbers with him (or her).

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
dont know if this will help but.. i only run i think 7-9psi.. with stage three hardware and stock software.... stock boost was about the same iirc.... so u r pretty good if u r around 16psi with your lower octane gasoline.

·
Registered
328 Posts
T7's boost to a target air mass, not to a target psi. so, as mike pointed out, you'll need to find a local T7 to compare. i'm assuming this would be near impossible for you though... :roll: do you have any idea what other parts of the world compare to yours for climate/humidity/altitude? maybe someone there can help....

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes I have BSR stage 3.

Our climate is hot and dry. It has been a very mild winter here, avg temps of around 18Deg Celsius (64F) So turbo cars do suffer with heatsoak etc. This was why I installed Aquamist. I was just interested in what max boost others were getting as a guide to what is possible with the T7 without causing damage. As I said my baby is flying like a demon at the moment. Even with our climate and high altitude I am embarrassing a lot of other cars on the road. My mate has a 350Z and he hates me and my car:cheesy:. Before he got the nissan he was always going on about how it would be MUCH faster than my Saab but from launch to top he is way behind.

Jules

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
ricot83 said:
dont know if this will help but.. i only run i think 7-9psi.. with stage three hardware and stock software.... stock boost was about the same iirc.... so u r pretty good if u r around 16psi with your lower octane gasoline.
I am boosting the same thing with the same setup that ricot83 has and I am doing it on a 2000 9-3 SE HOT Automatic with the following mods.
MP FMIC
MP 3" DP
3" Air Box Mod
K&N Drop In Filter
Forge adjustable Recirculating Valve
And soon to be 3" Exhaust

16 PSI sounds about right to me with that software. Maptun and Nordic both cocured when I emailed them that a Stage 3 ECU will put out 17 to 18 PSI max with ALL of the recommended hardware and if you have most of it then they estimated a 16PSI max boost.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
ricot83 said:
sos steve still no ECU?????
If you really want to know about that PM me and I will give you the long sorted messed up story up to now!! But it's not over yet and hopefully it will happen in the next 2 weeks before Battle of the Imports at the end of this month.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts