SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts
Is BCB one of the better Saab tuners? I am looking to have mine tuned let me know what you guys used. Thanks.
I've had a positive experience with BCB (handheld tuner, Stg 2) so I'm a happy customer.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
I would concur with SaabKen.

Brew City Boost has a "raving fan" following. Their tunes are certainly best in class. I would look to their stage 2 tune. That's a solid resting point. You'll decide at this point if it's spot on perfect or it's time to get crazy.

·
Registered
362 Posts
BCB stage 2 is the way too go, I have had mine for about a month now and no problems.
also, you can't beat BCB's price. You won't regret it.

Gerry

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just got my handheld tuner from BCB this week; I will never be able to go back to an untuned car again!

Got Stage 2 and Eco, since it's my daily driver I'm sticking with the Eco tune for now.

At 125k miles, I couldn't believe my car could run the way it did on Stage 2! It was eye opening to say the least, but a little harder than I would ever normally run. Eco seems to have more than enough kick to get me around.

Overall excellent service, turnaround and product from BCB. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Eco.....tell me more about this Eco.
Well from my inexperienced observations, it would seem that the boost is limited to stock levels, but the spool is much shorter and the car overall has a lot more punch to it. I think they focus more on the lower RPMs with this tune, you'd have to ask them for their secret recipe to be sure :cheesy:

I wish I could explain with more specifics but I'm assuming it's a toned down tune that focuses on giving more power to a daily driver. It's only been a week and I can't remember what it felt like to drive a stock tune!

I love the Eco setting BUT might have to invest in a few more modifications and buy stage 3!
Has anyone ever had problems flashing to their ECU too many times?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Well from my inexperienced observations, it would seem that the boost is limited to stock levels, but the spool is much shorter and the car overall has a lot more punch to it. I think they focus more on the lower RPMs with this tune, you'd have to ask them for their secret recipe to be sure :cheesy:

I wish I could explain with more specifics but I'm assuming it's a toned down tune that focuses on giving more power to a daily driver. It's only been a week and I can't remember what it felt like to drive a stock tune!

I love the Eco setting BUT might have to invest in a few more modifications and buy stage 3!
Has anyone ever had problems flashing to their ECU too many times?
I asked Casey faom BCB about the limit to reflashes and he said he has not run into a limit. In my thinking it is kind of like formating a hard drive, you get a thousand formats.

Also, the ECO tune is the economy tune from the main tune.

Gerry

·
Registered
25 Posts
Would it be worth tuning even if your car has over 220K miles? Or is it just a lost cause.
I have to say, tuning my car was almost as great a step as buying it in the first place. I have never been happier with my car and love my tune.

The only thing I would caution if you tune your car (at any mileage really) is be prepared to fix the weak links in your system. Just imagine sprinting as hard as you can; unless you're in the right shape you will break down, just like your car would!

In the months since I first got my tunes I have worked towards getting my car in the right shape to handle a stage two tune. I've had to replace a couple of oil seals and gaskets as well as my coils, and new leaks seemed to spring from everywhere after a while. But that's to be expected from a car over 10 years old, I would have had to replace those parts sooner or later.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What do you or anyone else on here think the best sound I can get out of my Saab would be? She's only a four banger but i have seen some awesome sounding 4 cylinders. Krona sounds OK and magnaflow is just sad on the Saabs to me. But I'm kinda picky when it comes down to the exhaust sound.

·
Super Moderator
9,709 Posts
What do you or anyone else on here think the best sound I can get out of my Saab would be? She's only a four banger but i have seen some awesome sounding 4 cylinders. Krona sounds OK and magnaflow is just sad on the Saabs to me. But I'm kinda picky when it comes down to the exhaust sound.
saab v6 mufflers from a 2006-2009 9-3 aero.

·
Super Moderator
9,709 Posts
So v6 mufflers work better than the suggested krona or the other exhaust recommended by BCB? I'm ordering all my stuff from them.
They will sound better, yes. Are you going stage 3 with a downpipe? Or stage 1-2 with stock downpipe?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
They will sound better, yes. Are you going stage 3 with a downpipe? Or stage 1-2 with stock downpipe?
I currently have no tuning done at all, but I am looking to end up getting right around 300-400 hp if possible. But to achieve this i have to replace basically everything.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts