SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what I found and read, a STAGE 0 Tune, increases the HP from 255 to roughly 360.
I have not done anything to the car. All factory settings.
A mechanic who does these, warned me that there is a chance of the clutch slipping depending on how the car was driven by the previous owner and myself.

Can anyone shed light on this?
Have you experienced any issues after a tune and no modifications done to the car?

Thanks,

·
Super Moderator
19,141 Posts
More like 320 hp. That's crank BTW.

Yes, there is a chance your clutch could slip, especially if it is high mileage. Some instantly do, some go thousands of miles before they do. It's a gamble.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Diggs!
Yes, I just saw 320, I was coming back to correct my post.
I called Fisher Auto...they dont do Aero V6 because its a "motronic" system...?
The guy there is supposed to refer me somewhere else. Will have to wait and see, otherwise, take a lil drive down to Vermont.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I have JZW tune Stg.1 and dynoed at 270hp/359lbft...car has 99K miles on it and clutch is still holding strong. I've owned the car for almost 1 year and the person before me had it tuned for about 2.5 years before I even bought it. He claimed clutch was changed about 1.5 years before I bought it.

In a way I'm just waiting for the clutch to go so I can upgrade to a Spec before I go to 19T.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Vtuner in Vermont is excellent. ;ol;

I think you can save money by having Brian load it but you can also do "plug & play" with the handheld unit. You don't need a referral for a tune just give them a call.

·
Super Moderator
31,228 Posts
Thanks Diggs!
Yes, I just saw 320, I was coming back to correct my post.
I called Fisher Auto...they dont do Aero V6 because its a "motronic" system...?
The guy there is supposed to refer me somewhere else. Will have to wait and see, otherwise, take a lil drive down to Vermont.
You can also consider Brew City Boost in Wisconsin. Casey, BCB's owner (as "Rabbit" here on SaabCentral) is very dedicated to customer service and satisfaction. He now offers T8 tuning for the 2.8T:

http://www.brewcityboost.com/V6_ECU_Upgrade_p/saab-v6-ecu-tune.htm

·
Registered
120 Posts
Casey of Brew City Boost is awesome, as is John from JZW tuning. I have experience with tunes from both of them (BCB on the 2.3T), and you cannot go wrong either way. From what I have read, Vtuner is in the same league as well. We're lucky to have 3* great tuners for our cars, for extremely reasonable prices. May come down to price or eenie-meenie. Good luck.

*there are others, but not in N.A. and more expensive, from what I understand

·
Registered
954 Posts
I have JZW tune Stg.1 and dynoed at 270hp/359lbft...car has 99K miles on it and clutch is still holding strong. I've owned the car for almost 1 year and the person before me had it tuned for about 2.5 years before I even bought it. He claimed clutch was changed about 1.5 years before I bought it.

In a way I'm just waiting for the clutch to go so I can upgrade to a Spec before I go to 19T.

:eek: that's a fair bit lower than the quoted JZW numbers :eek:

Edit....is yours the v6?

·
Super Moderator
19,141 Posts
:eek: that's a fair bit lower than the quoted JZW numbers :eek:

Edit....is yours the v6?
How so? JZW Stage 1 is 320 HP at the crank. 270HP to the wheels is about 15% drivetrain loss. Seems about right to me?

·
Registered
293 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts