SaabCentral Forums banner

Stability Control

996 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  inyrmnd 
#1 · (Edited)
Traction Control Light Help pls?

I was driving up a fairly steep, yet absolutely driveable old brick street tonight and when I built up a little speed (say 25-30 mph), the damn "Traction control off" light popped on and my SID now says that I need to bring it in to get looked at. There doesn't seem to be any reason why this tripped up my system, but now it claims it's not on and I can't turn it back on. Is there a way to get this fixed w/o having to see a SAAB mechanic so he can tell me it's nothing or do I have to take it in to have the sensors adjusted. I just bought this car 2 weeks ago and I don't think I did anything that painful to it. especally since I drive up this street everyday. Any advice?

#2 ·
http://www.forumshawaii.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=358092Electronics :roll:
Sometimes the electronic brake control module disables the traction control when other electronic control modules detect a problem that affects the operation of the TCS.
It could be that the body control module has diagnosed a condition preventing the engine control portion of the traction control function and told the EBCM that torque reduction in not allowed, and as a result the TCS was disabled.
Sometimes, the problem exists only the duration of one driving cycle or it may persist.
I suggest you have it checked at the dealer. There is a diagnostic check procedure, or whatever its called, that they can perform to isolate the problem. If there's really a problem, and not just a glitch.

#3 ·
inyrmnd said:
I was driving up a fairly steep, yet absolutely driveable old brick street tonight and when I built up a little speed (say 25-30 mph), the damn "Traction control off" light popped on and my SID now says that I need to bring it in to get looked at. There doesn't seem to be any reason why this tripped up my system, but now it claims it's not on and I can't turn it back on. Is there a way to get this fixed w/o having to see a SAAB mechanic so he can tell me it's nothing or do I have to take it in to have the sensors adjusted. I just bought this car 2 weeks ago and I don't think I did anything that painful to it. especally since I drive up this street everyday. Any advice?
Your profile/post does not indicate the MY of your car ... if it's "new" ... then this should be a warranty issue.

Some fellow owners of newer Jeep Grand Cherokees have had similar issues and they were resolved with either a new sensor or a software update. (Ours never gave us any problems.)

Cheers!!

Ken

#4 ·
Update

Mine's a MY 07 New with only 5250 miles.

Good news is that I got in her this morning and the TC indicator is no longer lit. She's back to normal (until the next glitch I suppose). I was starting to get a little perturbed last night, but as an earlier post mentions, this type of problem may be for one driving cycle and I was certainly challenging my traction control. The bricks on that damn street are pretty jagged and uneven.

Thanks for these replies.:D
Missileman said:
Your profile/post does not indicate the MY of your car ... if it's "new" ... then this should be a warranty issue.

Some fellow owners of newer Jeep Grand Cherokees have had similar issues and they were resolved with either a new sensor or a software update. (Ours never gave us any problems.)

Cheers!!

Ken

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.