SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI

I have 9-3 SS 2003 2.2. TID.

I have recently replaced the steering rack due to a fault where I obly had power assistance on RH Lock. The steering is now fine but when i re-started the car a Stability control warning on the centre display. I have run the car for about a week and the error is still there.

When connecting up the steering wheel It may have not gone back on in exactly the same place and could be 360 degrees out. Could anyone tell me

a) Is there a way of getting the error codes off my saab without taking it to the dealer.

b) is there a steering angle sensor in the steering column

c) Can the sensor be re-calibrated

Any assistance is appreciated

jcb-GT

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
check replies I've made in red.

HI

I have 9-3 SS 2003 2.2. TID.

I have recently replaced the steering rack due to a fault where I obly had power assistance on RH Lock. The steering is now fine but when i re-started the car a Stability control warning on the centre display. I have run the car for about a week and the error is still there.

When connecting up the steering wheel It may have not gone back on in exactly the same place and could be 360 degrees out. Could anyone tell me

a) Is there a way of getting the error codes off my saab without taking it to the dealer. Maybe a code reader, but i don't know that it would show codes from the ESP module. Someone else might be better able to answer this question.

b) is there a steering angle sensor in the steering column. Yes, there is if you have ESP in your car, the system uses the steering angle sensor for the drivers steering input.

c) Can the sensor be re-calibrated I'm sure it can, but I really think you would need a tech II device to do so.

Any assistance is appreciated

jcb-GT

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Yes, there is a sensor and it can be recalibrated with a Tech II. Is the steering wheel correct when the wheels are pointed straight ahead? If not, you might need to center the steering wheel. They normally do that as part of an alignment, but you could do it yourself by adjusting the tie rod ends an equal amount on each side. If the steering wheel is too far off (if it was moved a significant amount while unhooked from the rack), it can possibly damage the clockspring--there's a limit to how far they're supposed to turn.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts