SaabCentral Forums banner

SRS Light Tool??

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Jim Mesthene 
#1 ·
Anyone in my area have the tool to reset this stupid blinking light? Or should I just bring it to scanwest?

#3 ·
:confused:Pull the bulb to the warning lamp until your ready to deal with. Just be aware that SRS/Airbag will not work while the warning lamp flashes or when the bulb has been removed.

Scanwest will definitely be able to sort it out. Hopefully they won't charge you a lot for the 5-10 min it takes check the code and reset the system.

#9 ·
Just be aware that SRS/Airbag will not work while the warning lamp flashes or when the bulb has been removed.
Not true! I can give an eye witness (face witness) account to that. My SRS light had flashed since the day I got the car but I can assure you the air bag deployed quite nicely when I took a header. The light could be from a number of things air bag related but not all of them will shut the system down.

#11 ·
The main obstacle to airbag installation was unintended deployment. It is supposed to be disabled when any fault, no matter how minor, is detected at the start-up, self test.
I suppose the system could fail in two ways, allowing deployment. But a dealer would have had to report a deployment while the light was on to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, because it's a failure of a safety system.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.