SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone else run into this problem? i soon as i installed the GenuineSaab 22mm ARB, i ended up getting a squeaky suspension.

going to put it up and check it out after the 4th, but wanted to see if anyone has this same experience?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i had to grind down the ends of the bar and then place rubber bushings in between the bar and the mount. noise is still there when the chassis twists over larger speed bumps, but mostly quiet now.

·
Registered
19,171 Posts
Seems odd... I've done several of these with no squeaks or issues at all.

Did you throw away the old bolts and clips and use new bolts? Are they torqued properly? Did you do the firm and torque with the car on the ground i.e. leave it loose, then tighten it all with the bar in the down position?

Any change you have something else broken? An axle mount or bushing, or the inner sway bar?

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Very bad idea to put compliant material between axle and ARB as it will create a leverage moment around the bolts and overstress them and they may snap. If it's squeeking the problem is elsewhere - likley the now stronger spring rate is stressing other suspension components.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nope... pretty sure the two brackets are binding against one another. if i pull on the bar it makes the exact same noise i hear when chassis twists.

and the bushings i put in are 1/16 of an inch. not going to cause any harm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts