SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

Over the past few months my seats have gotten very squeaky...sounds kind of like a mouse "chirping." It happens a lot, over speed bumps, if I shift my body, you get the idea.

So, do I have to pull the leather off the seats to fix this? Doesn't sound fun, but I can't get the sound out of my head. It's funny, I can forgive the convertible for squeaks and rattles, but this SUV has really been solid up until January or so....

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I forgot to add, it is more of the metal "skeletal frame" that makes up the seat structure which is making the squeak. My guess is it as the 90 degree angle where the seat bottom meets the seat back.

I am considering getring some of the oil I used to lube my hinges on my front door at home and going crazy with it until the squeaks stop. I just don't know how easy this will be.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I forgot to add, it is more of the metal "skeletal frame" that makes up the seat structure which is making the squeak. My guess is it as the 90 degree angle where the seat bottom meets the seat back.

I am considering getring some of the oil I used to lube my hinges on my front door at home and going crazy with it until the squeaks stop. I just don't know how easy this will be.
I have the exact same squeak you're describing. Any time I hit a bump or push myself back in the seat it will squeak. It just started recently and I am at about 75K miles. If you find an easy fix, let us know.

A few little things are starting to creep up at 75K. I had my first bulb failure... driver rear brake light, which I easily replaced in about 5 minutes (thanks to GM for making that an easy swap out).

Also, my in dash cup holder broke for the 4th time. But thanks to a tip from poster isd1027, I was able to pry off the front panel then remove and repair the cup holder. After taking a good look at it, I can't believe they have the nerve to charge 120 bucks for a new one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My driver seat also squeaks. I had the same problem with my 2002 Bravada (never tried to resolve it). I'd hate to have to remove the leather from the seats to get down to the metal frame. Any suggestions?​

1 - 5 of 5 Posts