SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '03 has recently started to make a very strange squeaking sound every time I hit the brakes. The interesting thing is that it squeaks every time I move the brake pedal in or back out, even when the car is stationary. It sounds like a metal-on-metal sound, and I am thinking that it may be the front left brake piston rubbing with the caliper, but I am no expert at brakes. Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just realized that it kinda sounds like it might be a suspension component going out. Its the kind of creaking you hear in an old beat up truck :confused: :( What makes this kind of creaking sound?

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
My '03 has recently started to make a very strange squeaking sound every time I hit the brakes. The interesting thing is that it squeaks every time I move the brake pedal in or back out, even when the car is stationary. It sounds like a metal-on-metal sound, and I am thinking that it may be the front left brake piston rubbing with the caliper, but I am no expert at brakes. Has anyone else had this problem?
have someone listen by the wheels and see exactly where the noise is coming from. could be anything from the caliper to needing to bleed the brakes

1 - 3 of 3 Posts