SaabCentral Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
you guys forgot Maptun!!! I've always had a thing for them, and I've never had an ECU upgrade for the 9-3. lms, have you had their software?

As a side note, I'd like "stage 4-ish," or maybe more, so I've decided I should save for some forged pistons and, hopefully, rods, and camshafts before I splurdge on the comutter and heavy hardware upgrades. Safety, and I figure if I am going to spend all that money...might as well protect it. But maybe that promise to myself will just save me all the money altogether:confused:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
maptun seems expensive compared to Nordic, SQR or JSP and I didnt see a stage 4 for the 9-3, they just have a stage 1 on their site

·
Registered
949 Posts

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
snowboardin58 said:
you guys forgot Maptun!!! I've always had a thing for them, and I've never had an ECU upgrade for the 9-3. lms, have you had their software?

As a side note, I'd like "stage 4-ish," or maybe more, so I've decided I should save for some forged pistons and, hopefully, rods, and camshafts before I splurdge on the comutter and heavy hardware upgrades. Safety, and I figure if I am going to spend all that money...might as well protect it. But maybe that promise to myself will just save me all the money altogether:confused:
Nope! But I will add that I dealt with them in regards to a turbo one time and they were extremely helpful. I had great customer service (in the US).

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I just called maptun USA and they said they can make me a stage 4+ that will be a custom tune he said that I just tell him what city I live in and he will figure out the altitude factor and make a stage 4+ tune for my needs and it will cost $1200 for the sw. he said it will put the car close to 300hp.

I'm still leaning towards JSP stage 4 or GS nordic stage 4

what do you guys think?

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
Well, either one would be good and what I like about Jak's sw is that once you get it and put it on a dyno, he will usually do one free re-flash to fine tune it for your particular car and hw... Thats a win-win in my book;)

John

21 - 28 of 28 Posts