SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if Frank will be selling any ecu's at SOC? I'm looking to get a core tuned and was planning on going to Automotion on the 8-9th. But my schedule may not permit me to go to Automotion and SOC. Obviously, I'd rather go to SOC if I can pick up an ecu there. I gave Paul at Automotion a call earlier but no answer. I'll try again later if nobody on here knows. Thanks.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I would assume they are going to be selling them there, if not though I live literally 10min from pauls shop and if you want I could just pick one up when Frank comes for you. You could just send me a bank check made out to automotion and I could pick it up and bring it with me to SOC, are you getting a new core or flashing then one you have?

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will be at one of the two events. So as long as he sells them at both I should be fine. If I need any help I'll let you know though.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I'd pick SOC too ;) I can't imagine Frank wouldn;t be selling ECU's at the Biggest event in North America

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It would just be that he may not have the time to make the ecu custom for my car. But he'd still be able to do it on the computers, he just wouldn't have any seat time. Maybe. But that's just how its going to have to be. If he comes to Boston in early 2006 again he can work it out more.

Considering if all goes as planned, I'll have a td04, bigger I/C and ecu in less than a month this should keep me happy in terms of power for a while. :cheesy:

·
Registered
642 Posts
I think you'll be happy with a stage 3, what else do you have on the car? and what HP numbers are you looking for, I think with stage 3 and the normal mods you'll be more than happy. Stage 4 your starting to look at an even bigget turbo and injectors, to totally benfit from it. If yyour getting just a Stge 3 you can just pay and it takes literally 10 min.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Seth... what's the meet-schedule like?

SOC is what? The wilkes-barre event? or....? VT?

I was interested in the PAa dn VT meets... any more info?

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JABM, It will probably be more like a stage 3.5 Basically I was going to have him line up a 3, drive the car, and make extra tweeks above that. But you're right that if he doesn't drive it I'll probably just go with the three before he can drive it. But because it will have the td04hl-15t/5cm2 its more than the stage 3 of a t25. Thus the 3.5

Craig, SOC is the very large national saab owners association meet. Its at Stratton Mountain Resort in or near Jamaica Vermont. That's south-west VT. Just west of where we were at guru's house on Sat. You won't want to miss it man.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
you think your Stage-3 will be able to keep up with my stage-negative eleventy-billion!!! by then?

I really hope this new ECU helps you out.

FWIW, I'd try to hunt down a '99 HOT ECU and see if it wakes up your lpt before spending the $600 on an aftermarket ECU

They're only $100 used, and I'm 99% positive the timing/fuel maps are more aggressive across the board.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
But by then I will have the td04 from the Viggen in and the tuned ecu should make better use of the turbo-back, intake, and larger intercooler.

·
Registered
642 Posts
G96nt said:
They're only $100 used, and I'm 99% positive the timing/fuel maps are more aggressive across the board.
Didn't the HOT's also have T7 software though?

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not in 1999, all 9-3's were t5. It can be said thought that in the 9-3 body, all cars with the td04 is a t7.

·
Registered
283 Posts
stromer said:
JABM, It will probably be more like a stage 3.5 Basically I was going to have him line up a 3, drive the car, and make extra tweeks above that. But you're right that if he doesn't drive it I'll probably just go with the three before he can drive it. But because it will have the td04hl-15t/5cm2 its more than the stage 3 of a t25. Thus the 3.5

Craig, SOC is the very large national saab owners association meet. Its at Stratton Mountain Resort in or near Jamaica Vermont. That's south-west VT. Just west of where we were at guru's house on Sat. You won't want to miss it man.
Huh? I never said anything about any ECU.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Woops, I meant jr. I have been shooting posts back and forth with you two all day, no wondow I mixed it up just once.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts