SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at my dealer this morning for some Tech 2 changes and an oil change so I thought I'd take the opportunity to bring up the howling brakes. Well the guy advised me of a service bulletin released just yesterday(Sept.2nd, in Canada) for a replacement of the brake pads. Nice!...not having to wine about it :wink: Puns aside, I will have them replaced this week and also be the first in the city to have them done.

Do you guys down south have this bulletin also? Or has it already been released and I've just heard about it?

·
Registered
21 Posts
My service department here in LA is unwilling to do any changes to my brakes, and they're telling me that I have to deal with Saab of America to get anything done. The technician told me that that 9-3's produced in early 03' had different pads which have since been changed but the 04' model pads are fine and no suggestions have been made as of yet.

MAybe there is difference with you being in Canada?

·
Registered
44 Posts
coMplX said:
My service department here in LA is unwilling to do any changes to my brakes, and they're telling me that I have to deal with Saab of America to get anything done. The technician told me that that 9-3's produced in early 03' had different pads which have since been changed but the 04' model pads are fine and no suggestions have been made as of yet.

what dealer you went to? I probably won't waist my time paying a visit.....

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
coMplX said:

They told me the exact same thing in San Diego, even said the new caddies are the same way :roll: I really don't find this a very good answer... :evil:

·
Registered
3 Posts
breaks

My 2 month old 9-3 linear has very loud breaks.
When I called the dealer a week after I purchased the car they told me that new pads were going to be available in aug. They were well aware of the problem and they would change them no charge when they arrived. I call last week and they said they were mistaken and no new pads are going to be available. I would like to know for sure that saab is not going to upgrade the pads, before I pay a break shop to do it. Indiana, USA.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts