SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1992 900 started sputtering,coughing,misfiring when coming out of right hand turns a month or so ago. Especially when first being run -- first 20 minutes or so of run time. On my route to work I can now predict with pretty good accuracy what turns will cause the sputtering.
Anyone else ever have this problem? If so what was the solution. Started with the basics water in the fuel, weak spark plugs-wires, distributor...

Does not happen on the way home from work only on the way to work. Morning moisture issue in parallel with something else....don't want to over think this to much.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
sputtering when cornering

Mine does the same (exept on L'Handers) but it only ever happens on one corner, i thought it might be the fuel being pulled away from the pump or something(by g's) but i took it slowly a few times but the same thing happened.

I'd love to know the reason why aswell!

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
My best guess is that you need new ignition wires! If yours are over 5 years old, replace them (and the plugs) anyway. Get Bougicord wires and NGK plugs; see www.eeuroparts.com here in CT for best prices.

Next, try reading out any trouble codes stored in your ECU; www.swedishwrench.com has an excellent set of DIY instructions for this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts