SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone has experimented with a Sprint Booster before. I already have a VTune on my car, but was wondering if the throttle response would work any better. I drove a manual 2010 Camaro SS today (and man it pulls pretty well) with a Sprint Booster installed. The difference with the Sprint Booster on was certainly noticeable. When i had it off, i barely squealed the tires off the line and in between shifts. When i turned it on, the tires roasted through 1st and 2nd gear and the throttle response was SO crisp. I was thinking about getting one for my '07 aero which is an automatic (and i hear it is even more noticeable with auto tranny's). Before I do it, I wanted to hear some other opinions and/or comments... thanks

This is the one i am talking about; you can choose saab 9-3 option...

http://www.sprintboosterusa.com/default.aspx

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Might be worth a try, only 330 dollars, so not a huge loss. Says you can get a free trial at a local dealer. I'd definitely be interested. Let me know how it goes.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
one person had it on here i remember and he said it was noticeable, then again he didnt have a tune. id be interested too. i remember the guy said it was also real easy to install.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Might be worth a try, only 330 dollars, so not a huge loss. Says you can get a free trial at a local dealer. I'd definitely be interested. Let me know how it goes.
one person had it on here i remember and he said it was noticeable, then again he didnt have a tune. id be interested too. i remember the guy said it was also real easy to install.
if i do i will, and i am getting it installed for $250 cuz i work @ the dealership luckily, so the hypothetical loss incurred isn't SO bad (dont know about the free trial though)...
and yes, i spoke with the guy and he said it would only take a few minutes...

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
xtopher got one back when it was like 200 bucks i think he said he liked it.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I was just wondering if anyone has experimented with a Sprint Booster before. I already have a VTune on my car, but was wondering if the throttle response would work any better. I drove a manual 2010 Camaro SS today (and man it pulls pretty well) with a Sprint Booster installed. The difference with the Sprint Booster on was certainly noticeable. When i had it off, i barely squealed the tires off the line and in between shifts. When i turned it on, the tires roasted through 1st and 2nd gear and the throttle response was SO crisp. I was thinking about getting one for my '07 aero which is an automatic (and i hear it is even more noticeable with auto tranny's). Before I do it, I wanted to hear some other opinions and/or comments... thanks

This is the one i am talking about; you can choose saab 9-3 option...

http://www.sprintboosterusa.com/default.aspx
I know when I got my Tune, John adjusted the throttle response within the tuning itself, and for one of the tunes it was crazy! You could breathe on the pedal, and it would take off :lol: It took a little getting used to, and he ended up adjusting it back down a little bit. I would go back to Brian and ask him if he can adjust this with his tune and save the $250

·
Registered
264 Posts
sprint booster

I saw this awhile ago. I think it one an award at SEMA for best new product the year it debuted. I might get this eventually after some other mods and if I do so I will do a write up.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I saw this awhile ago. I think it one an award at SEMA for best new product the year it debuted. I might get this eventually after some other mods and if I do so I will do a write up.
Save the money for a custom tune, and just tell the tuner you want the throttle response upped a bit. then you get the best of both worlds, faster throttle response and something that actually makes your car faster. Those boosters basically just tell the system that you are at WOT when you have it pressed down 50% or whatever ratio they use. Nothing more than snake oil. The reason your car may be faster is only because you can press the gas down half way faster than you can press it down all the way.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Save the money for a custom tune, and just tell the tuner you want the throttle response upped a bit. then you get the best of both worlds, faster throttle response and something that actually makes your car faster. Those boosters basically just tell the system that you are at WOT when you have it pressed down 50% or whatever ratio they use. Nothing more than snake oil. The reason your car may be faster is only because you can press the gas down half way faster than you can press it down all the way.
do you know if jzw did this to ours?

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
do you know if jzw did this to ours?
I know that he adjusted my throttle response, And im pretty sure he told me his tunes were going to be adjusted a little, maybe just not quite as much as mine to make it "better for the masses" But I had driven his Aero and liked the way the throttle felt on it, so he said he was going to bump mine up to more closely match his car.

One tune he did on mine was super sensitive :lol: It was fun until driving in rush hour traffic when I would push the throttle down 1/10th and I was already up the persons *** in front of me! Which actually wasnt that bad, you just had to get used to it. But after we re-tuned it again I had him lower it back down to where we had it originally

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
alright, i did end up getting it. Its crazy ... with a tune and a CAI, the turbo is always squealing--even at 1/4 throttle. If i had to pay more than $300 i dont know if it would be worth it, the price is hard to justify. Basically you have to be careful in traffic, because with 1/4 throttle pressed, its @ WOT. its great for off the line and rolling starts though. I have to say i felt a significant difference with it in terms of less 'lag' and 'spool time'. when on the gas the boost just feels much more instantaneous. i took the trial offer before i paid for it, ripped around for half a day, and believed it was SO worth it. the only precaution is sometimes it catches you off-guard; not in terms of unpredictability, but i forget how much it pulls you forward, and in the city / traffic you dont want to rear end someone.... hope this was helpful

·
Registered
269 Posts
alright, i did end up getting it. Its crazy ... with a tune and a CAI, the turbo is always squealing--even at 1/4 throttle. If i had to pay more than $300 i dont know if it would be worth it, the price is hard to justify. Basically you have to be careful in traffic, because with 1/4 throttle pressed, its @ WOT. its great for off the line and rolling starts though. I have to say i felt a significant difference with it in terms of less 'lag' and 'spool time'. when on the gas the boost just feels much more instantaneous. i took the trial offer before i paid for it, ripped around for half a day, and believed it was SO worth it. the only precaution is sometimes it catches you off-guard; not in terms of unpredictability, but i forget how much it pulls you forward, and in the city / traffic you dont want to rear end someone.... hope this was helpful
nice, i'm not the only one now on saabcentral who tested out sprintbooster and loved it! this is exactly how i expect a stock sportsedan to feel. at first, i would always think that i may rear end the person in front of me during traffic because i'd forget for a moment how much quicker throttle response was. i got used to driving it after a while. i too figured i'd just do the free trial, i definitely did not want to return it after testing it out.

btw, here's a link to my thread i posted about 5 months ago. http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173698

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
The part I am curious about is the effect it does or deosn't have on not only the DBW lag, but also the fall of revs when you take your foot off the pedal. The one thing I dislike about the way Saab set things up is that when you do a heal & toe downshift, the blurp you give the gas pedal is not very responsive, and this makes it hard to keep the revs up....

Sean

·
Registered
473 Posts
Sprint booster is only psycological!!

My friend got one on is Mazda3speed. It's like driving with a brick on the pedal.

If you press 20% on the gaz pedal, the spring booster send like 60% at the throtle body so you think your car is faster.

But when you beat your car hard you dont see a difference, WOT with your foot or WOT with a sprint booster it's the samething.

Keep your money for a tune or something else more useful.

·
Registered
269 Posts
The part I am curious about is the effect it does or deosn't have on not only the DBW lag, but also the fall of revs when you take your foot off the pedal. The one thing I dislike about the way Saab set things up is that when you do a heal & toe downshift, the blurp you give the gas pedal is not very responsive, and this makes it hard to keep the revs up....

Sean
The SB helps maitain your rev even while it's falling which is great for passing people up and changing lanes during traffic.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Sprint booster is only psycological!!

My friend got one on is Mazda3speed. It's like driving with a brick on the pedal.

If you press 20% on the gaz pedal, the spring booster send like 60% at the throtle body so you think your car is faster.

But when you beat your car hard you dont see a difference, WOT with your foot or WOT with a sprint booster it's the samething.

Keep your money for a tune or something else more useful.
It's definitely not psychological, unless you state that it gives more hp. Just to get things straight, absolutely no horsepower is gained from this product. SprintBooster gives ones car a quicker throttle response makig acceleration quicker from a stop, uphill driving is better and gear changing much smoother (especially from 1st to 2nd which has been a stated issue with our cars).

·
Registered
473 Posts
^^^ maybe for an occasional drive by wire driver...
But when you know your car you dont need this.. no?

It's like a short shifter, when you really know your car, you can shift quicker with OEM shifter than what the syncro can take...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts