SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched :roll: Here, j-Body and Cavweb.

Does anyone have any info or links on our front strut geometry? i.e. I just raised my car from -50~60mm to -35mm and it seems like the tracking has now changed. I suspect it's gone toe-out.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
As you can only adjust the toe - just get it checked and reset at a tyre fitters - it's a quick and cheap job. Misalignment is more likely to have come from reassembling the components after dismantling (no matter how carefuly you marked them beforehand) rather than the ride height change.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have rubbish tyre-fitters here. About a year ago they left my steering wheel about 15 degrees out. They tightened the rod end up at an angle to the inner end because they couldn't be bothered to slacken 2 nuts instead of 1 :evil:

So I re-tracked it myself by eye and handling and tyre wear have been very good since.

Since I altered the ride height, something has changed as the wheel is pulling slightly to the kerb on a cambered road. Think it needs a tweak more toe-in. A nice Macpherson strut geometry picture would confirm that raising ride height gives toe-out :D

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
There must be someone who can do it right in your area - it's not rocket science and even the most retarded spanner monkey would find it hard to get it wrong and if they do just keep going back until they do it right.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shirozina:- Monkeys understand bananas. The fitting shops we have here don't understand **** and even if they did, they'd break it :roll:

All the Saab cognoscenti:- No-one has a nice geometry drawing showing track change with ride height then? :confused:

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
There realy is nothing special about Saab steering geometery or the adjusters used to set toe - even if you found a formula for height against toe you will need an alignment gauge to correct it and you are back to using a garage. Truthfully - it's a no brainer - get it done by a garage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts