SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was browsing through EEuroparts and saw some front spring spacers. They were inexpensive, but didn’t look like much.

Was wondering if anyone had used them and if they go between the coils or underneath the spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
918 Posts
Don’t know why you would use them on the front. It is the rear springs that sag. I have used spacers on the rear with great success to cure sag. They are available from one of the members on this forum

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Interesting. After reading Roaspec's post, I found that Eeuroparts has both a 9-5 front spring spacer (SKU: 4689378) and a rear spring spacer (SKU: 4569570).

The 9-5 rear springs sag, and that's why a lot of people use rear spring spacers to bring the rear ride height up. I wasn't aware that Saab had made a front spring spacer. Does anyone use front spring spacers on their car?

·
Registered
10,713 Posts
The part number you have for the front isn't a spring spacer in the normal sense. It goes between the spring and the spring perch and prevents corrosion. It's similar to a sacrificial anode. It doesn't raise the front end at all.

·
Registered
2005 9-5 Aero Wagon
276 Posts
My rears are going to need about an inch minus spacer… How involved is it getting these in - do they go over or under?

·
Registered
10,713 Posts
They go under the spring, on top of the shock absorber's spring perch. The worst part about installing them is that the nut on top of the rear strut assembly is usually pretty badly rusted, and some of the various spacers and washers may also be a horrible rusty mess. I had to buy a die to rethread the shock absorbers on one 9-5 I installed spring spacers on, and another I had to bring the struts to a shop so they could get the nuts off with an impact driver. I ended up replacing the shocks on that one.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The part number you have for the front isn't a spring spacer in the normal sense. It goes between the spring and the spring perch and prevents corrosion. It's similar to a sacrificial anode. It doesn't raise the front end at all.
Ok. Thought it was probably not a spacer as is normally thought of.

The front spoiler got broken in about midway . I assumed it from hitting a parking barrier.

Thought I’d add a spacer or replace the struts. That probably won’t affect the height though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,713 Posts
Very few of these cars outside of ones owned by Saab enthusiasts still have intact lip spoilers. All it takes is pulling too far into a parking spot one time to take it out. I err on the side of parking too far out, which looks embarrassing sometimes, but my spoiler doesn't have a single visible scratch on it! :) There are some on the bottom, though, since sometimes you can't avoid scraping it while pulling into or out of a steep parking lot. If you have an Aero, you could always switch to the standard springs. That would raise it up a little bit. About the only 9-5s I ever see driving around with intact lip spoilers are the 2004 and 2005 Arcs, since they have a lip spoiler, but don't sit as low as an Aero.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts