SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
John Z Williams said:
Cool, got any pics of the car? I would like to see how it sits. Still waiting on H&R's to get back in stock. Right now I have ruled out B&G and my choices are keep stock 12 year old aero springs, put in the Kilen or go with the very low 1.6" Intrax with rear spacers or wait for the [email protected]'s. Abbotts are just too expensive for me to justify.

Still liking the ride? How would you compare it to stock?

John
when i bought the car it had been off the road for a couple of years and was sitting on 3 broken springs so i'm afraid i can't compare to standard. it's a very nice ride though. . just wish it would stop raining so i can take it for a hell run out the back roads. i'll get some photos up tonight for you.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Loobis71 said:
John-

I've had H&Rs w/Bilstein HDs on my 95 Aero for a little over a year. I also used the SAS spring spacers out back (one per side) and the car sits pretty much level.

As far as ride quality...car handles great. Comfort...difficult to say since I've ran on Bilsteins since I've owned the car and I have 17" wheels as well.

-Mike

(someones a lil late for saabcentral...lol)

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
John, not experienced but heard of an interesting fix
The Bilstien dampers are renound for great track handling & crap road comfort
Report is, this is correct if you run them with typical 40mm lowered springs Kilen,s for example. But if you run them with the Kilens @ 25mm drop only, then the damper starts to work fine on the road quote " as good as std" ref: comfort

Now this supports the abbott situation, where their springs only marginaly drop an Aero (about 10mm)

supports the principle, if you want good handling & reasonable road comfort, you need more spring to work the performance dampers

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Cool, since I was having trouble getting the right spring for my application, I went ahead and cut one coil off each stock aero spring and installed my koni adjustable shocks... Its heaven to drive and the tightness is great.

I found my rear bilsteins to be in pretty goood shape, but the fronts were completely done, they would not return at all when compressed.

I lowered it around 3/4" and the ride is great so far. I am happy to have the cg lower and the Konis are working very nice so far. I am pretty happy with this set-up.

John

21 - 25 of 25 Posts