SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone is interested in coming down for a go or to spectate open to all types of cars and only £30 a session no need to book in advance can pay on the day ;)

·
Registered
186 Posts
You can count me in, it's just up the road from me.

One of the best tracks in the country too in my opinion, been their for track days many a time and it seems to suite Saab's :cheesy:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Castle Combe looks a nice circuit for TNB's.
Circuit driving shows originated at Castle Combe Circuit. For over 16 years, our Action Days have provided the opportunity for a great day out among fellow enthusiasts. The race paddock area becomes a huge exhibition site with owners clubs, trade stands, Auto Jumble area and much more, while a track pass lets you experience the challenging 1.85 mile Castle Combe Circuit.

No clubs to join, just book in advance or turn up with a car matching the theme of the day, purchase your track pass and drive.

Paul (Kang) showed me the vid of some laps, looks fast :D and lots of different cars, minis, Diahatsu, Chevette and the usual suspects, Skylines Scoobys and Evos.
On the circuit web site click the "action days" tab top right.
Im definitely maybe, at the moment.:cool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers Kev for putting up a link I am only good for typing :roll:
It will be good to see some other fellow Saabers at Combe
and get the chance to have a bit of fun on the track :lol:

·
Banned
1,702 Posts
I too would like to attend with my new motor and give it a bit of a 'blow out' in the fresh air!;)

Not too sure however if she is up to the task at the minute. Will try and iron out my problems in next day or two. Been to the circuit a few times to spectate and looks good fun.

Hope to be able to make it.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
The local residents are petitioning the council to close Castle Combe because of noise. I Know what you are thinking - if they wanted quiet why move next to a racing circuit that's been there for decades.

Please give the circuit your support at www.petitiononline.com/306007/

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Signed up, It makes you wonder why these people buy houses near a track that has been there for Donkey's years!!

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
The circuit has been in use since the 1950s, and I would think that most people living in the surrounding areas haven't been there any where near as long.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'll be there.
I'm booked up for 2 sessions.9am and 11am.

tip is to get out on track early.Leave it til after lunch and you might be sharing the track with 30 others:eek:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hi all,

Sorry I didn't make it, had a heavy night before hand and missed all the action. Knowing what the Police are like when an action day is happening I though I'd better give it a miss rather than take any risk's. ;oops:

It's been very wet though so was it any good?

·
Registered
355 Posts
It was wet! :evil:

Shame cos there was some nice hardware there. I saw Nevs laps (Saab 1 - Ferrari 0) but didnt stay to see Kangs. How was it Paul?
Wanted to stay but my trousers were acting as a wick, and when the water reached my knees, I knew it was time to go :roll:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Rain was constant from 9 in the morning till about two in the afternoon!
Still managed to get some good laps in the wet out-doing an Mr2 Turbo and dodging th=e spinning obstacle. :eek:

Saw Nev out on track in the wet having some fun and going past a
Ferrari 355 :cheesy:

In the afternoon had good a dry-ish session being able to pass a boxster
and ex-police senator and some other loonies :lol:

A good day dispite the rain, good to see you Nev and Kev looking forward to some more this year with-out the rain and boy racers!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts