SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
Not sure what we are looking at there specifically, but that is the power steering reservoir so if it's connected to that, it's power steering. All the oil hoses are at the bottom of the motor.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's a farther pic from the hose. It is power steering because my fluid levels have gone down. It wraps under the battery and goes to the front of the engine bay. Still not sure which hose it is on esaabparts.com. They're diagrams dont look familiar.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
I wouldn't trust a used one. Buy new, or have a hydraulics shop rebuild yours. You do NOT want to have to do the job twice when a used one fails. A new one will last another 10-20 years.

·
Registered
17,665 Posts
I wouldn't trust a used one. Buy new, or have a hydraulics shop rebuild yours. You do NOT want to have to do the job twice when a used one fails. A new one will last another 10-20 years.
If you have a shop make one, run it all the way from the pump to the fitting on the rack. There's no need for a joint in that hose in the middle aside from the problem of fitting the metal pipe without it.

·
Registered
9,601 Posts
It turns out the ones I have (I actually have 3) are pressure hoses for the 1994-1998 900. They're Rein hoses, made in Germany, but they replace Saab part number 4247185. I don't know what the difference is between the NG900 and 9-3 pressure hoses, but there must be something.

·
Registered
17,665 Posts
I think there's a difference in how the pipe is bent up or maybe the mounting bracket at the pump end. I seem to recall noting that when I did a 9-3 line a few years after doing my ng900 line... but it's been a long while.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks. I patched it with some rescue tape for now but will need to get one sooner or later

·
Registered
17,665 Posts
If you have time, go to the U-pull and pilot this. You can either pull that line out of a donor car if you can find a good one and learn how to do it ... or salvage an end of a line off at the rack side where it's leaking and cut an end off at the pump side so you have sample fittings. Measure the total length needed for a hose to run from the pump, across above the radiator, to the rack. Allow for bends... then have a hydraulic hose place make up a new hose to simplify your repair life.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts