SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

just got back my car from repairs(attempted theft), I noticed there was some spots on the ACC info display that wasn't there before(probably injured during theft attempt), 4-5 of them small like the tip on a matchstick and grouped toghether in the middle of the display, I guess its no big deal really, but anyone had this & if so is there any way of getting rid of it?

cheers,

K.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I wish I would point you to the correct thread, but someone recently corrected the pixels on the ACC Panel. I believe they changed the tiny bulbs, but I am NOT sure. Unfortunately I cannot do more than to tell you you to search the board. I am pretty certain someone had this problem before and that someone fixed it.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
So some pixels are staying on? Most of the problems of SID's seem to be around pixels going out.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes, it seems that these few spots are lighted up all the time(and quite a bit brighter than rest of the lit display), at first I though it might be a condensation prob, but it wasn't

I'll do a search and see if I can find that thread with replacing "bulbs", thanks

cheers,

K.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Well it wouldn't be a bulb out if its brighter, but that thread may give you some tips to try things. Or at least get you access to the thing to check it out.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Acc

The previous threads are all to do with failing lines / signs on the ACC display.
They are caused by a bad ribbon cable, similar to the SID.
You can repair that as I have done it recently following one of the threads on here, but you do have to be careful, and if there is a screw, make sure you have undone them all. When you have removed all the screws from behind the circuit board, gently unclip the board, and as you start to pull it out (do it slowly), then tap the LCD and it will come down too.

Bulbs do not need anything like that. Once the unit is out, remove the back casing and the bulbs are there and can be replaced.

Now, this cluster if markers sounds odd. LCD panels can have a dead pixel or two which displays a different colour, and in this case, it may show as on, however, having a few in a cluster is mighty odd. It doesn't sound like it is something that can be resolved by taking the unit apart.

I'd report it to my insurance company and say I am not happy with the repair work as that display was fine before the attempted theft and subsequent repair

1 - 6 of 6 Posts