SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking the oil and water of my sons new set of wheels after running the car for a week. We had donated it to him....nice freeby 2.3 Carlsson.

I noticed the serpentine felt a bit slack on the AC compressor so got a spanner on the tensioner to see if it was seized, it took a few minutes to register at first but something didn't look right.

Luckily had a spare in the workshop and fitted it from above insitu in 30 minutes. Amazingly didn't do any damage and he didn't notice when it had failed also...lucky..

·
Registered
987 Posts
I had the power steering pully do that on a chrysler town & country. I guess it's not good for them to go 50ish miles without power steering fluid.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Thirsty9000 said:
I had the power steering pully do that on a chrysler town & country. I guess it's not good for them to go 50ish miles without power steering fluid.
this has been in debate for years. SHould one run a Chrysler Minivan Dry of P/S fluid? pros and cons

·
Registered
987 Posts
LOL, I filled it up before I left, but it was all gone within a mile. A little quick addition and I decided it would be cheaper to just run it dry and smoke the pump than to buy all the fluid it would take to refill it every mile. then probably replace the pump anyways. So we replaced the pump but used the same pulley which disintegrated 2 days later. I'm coming upon a similar conundrum with my 9000 as it tends to leave puddles when I turn it full lock. I just haven't been brave enough to climb under and determine where it's coming from. I'm scared I may be buying a new steering rack, as my steering has always been heavy compared to the other 9000's I've driven. I'm hoping if I ignore it long enough, it'll just go away.... ya right:lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts