SaabCentral Forums banner

Mulitple choices allowed.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please indicate your level of transmission problems. All model years. Details would be nice.

·
Super Moderator
20,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TCM replaced at 500 miles since engine died randomly while driving.
O-Rings replaced at 25k-30k miles.

2-3 shift flares randomly. Mostly after exiting highway.

Once a year I get a random gearbox malfunction error. Stays a few days then goes away. Car drives as if nothing wrong at that time.

Coolant hasn't budged since I bought the car.

Never had limp home mode.

42k miles presently.

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Two Gearbox Malfunctions, 1 with Limp home, cleared under warranty. Occasional clunky shifting in Stop and go traffic. Third/fourth Gearbox Malfunctions & Limp home in one day, Saab USA provided new transmission, I pay Labor (OOW) car has 105K miles

·
Registered
63 Posts
1st tranny replaced @ 45k
seals replaced 2 50k
2nd Tranny replaced @ 60k
2-3 flare/lag was told it was a TB issue and that the TB from an 04/05 would fix it. I live with it.
@ 120K it Still shifts sloppier that I would expect an auto to do so, but i live with it..

Now it's turbo replacement time..joy!

·
Registered
126 Posts
About 30K no problems yet. Found out RPM's dropping a bit around 3K RPMs (in 3rd gear) while accelerating was normal due to torque convertor full engagement. Flawless so far, knock on wood. Of course shifts could be quicker, but that's in the design and not a symptom of a problem.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Transmission was replaced in 2007 after 7 months of fighting with the dealdership over fixes they performed that failed to fix my gear slipping issues... which included software updates and replacing the throlle body.

I'm convinced my tranny was contaminated prior to me buying the car in 2006... the o rings weren't replaced until.2007, and by then it was too late.

·
Registered
158 Posts
In short: the dealer at first updated software (worked temporarily), then rebuilt the valve body, then replaced the transmission at a cost of $4500.00 to Saab as it was under warrany. I called GM and they gave me a 10 year (I believe....Its in the glove box) 100,000 mile warranty only on the power train. Obviously, I had to push and be persistent to get the warranty.

·
Registered
731 Posts
- O-rings replaced under warranty
- Software update to eliminate rpm flare-up between 2-3 shift
- Clunky shifts after longer drives occasionally
- 1 random gearbox malfunction - shut car off and it was ok upon restart

Car and Transmission currently at 162,000 miles.

·
Registered
63 Posts
In short: the dealer at first updated software (worked temporarily), then rebuilt the valve body, then replaced the transmission at a cost of $4500.00 to Saab as it was under warrany. I called GM and they gave me a 10 year (I believe....Its in the glove box) 100,000 mile warranty only on the power train. Obviously, I had to push and be persistent to get the warranty.
good idea Brock1 wish I would have thought to do that.

·
Registered
158 Posts
1st tranny replaced @ 45k
seals replaced 2 50k
2nd Tranny replaced @ 60k
2-3 flare/lag was told it was a TB issue and that the TB from an 04/05 would fix it. I live with it.
@ 120K it Still shifts sloppier that I would expect an auto to do so, but i live with it..

Now it's turbo replacement time..joy!
Let us know how much the turbo cost you as I have seen it for $700.00 and $1000.00 on the saabsite.com (B207L).

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Wow, I can't believe the limited response to this Poll..... Hundreds of Members an a dozen and a half responders...... Pitch in guys. :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
118k miles no problems hope it stays this way

2006 2.0T. i did have a big clunk once coming off the interstate but that is it. i changed fluid at 60k and is was black. i change 4 quarts of fluid every 15k miles now and it is always nice and clean. I use the toyota t4 fluid.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I have a 2007 93 Aero with the 6 speed auto. Only complaint is that the upshifts could be just a tad bit quicker. At what mileage is ideal to change the transmission fluid?

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Pas mal.

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
After a few weeks it seems all is well with the new trans. Interestingly I have noticed an Increase in my daily suburban driving mileage, I always used to say 20-21, now it's been 23-24. No Real Highway yet but a nonstop Richmond Run coming up.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts