SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if Saloon/Sedan Aero springs can be used on a convertible with standard suspension?

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good. These should hopefully help sort out the motor-boat like cornering at last;) !

·
Registered
17 Posts
JWLANKY said:
Does anyone know if Saloon/Sedan Aero springs can be used on a convertible with standard suspension?
IIRC, the part numbers are different for the sedans and verts (due to the different axle weights). Yes, you probably can fit them onto your vert but not sure how it will affect handling when matched with your standard shocks.

I have a '04 9-3SS 2.0t vert as well and I just placed an order for the Hirsch springs + Aero shocks. Btw, our verts already come with thicker ARBs (similar to that found in the Saab sports suspension for the sedans) - if you have spring code = 10.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys,

I think i'm going to fit them and see how i get on. If i'm not confident in the handling - i'll remove them. I was dead set on getting the Eibachs (which are compatible with standard shocks), but i'm a little concerened about ending up with a teeth-chattering / rattling ride, so fitting the Aero springs is a bit of a soft option.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
JWLANKY said:
Be careful with it - you'll have to check your spring code on your car. Apparently, there are no fewer than three different types of springs you can use with the sports chassis. This was true at least for the 2003 Sedans.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I am on Eibachs and they are great. Not too hard. My only complain is the car not clearing some humps and bumps on driveway ramps. :(

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just for closure. I had the Aero saloon springs fitted yesterday and had a full laser alignment done aswell (FOC!). The drop on the car is about 30mm, and the car now looks and handles like what it always should have done.
I have covered about 100miles (mix of back country roads and motorway) and the handling is greatly improved - less body roll / flater cornering, and this is the strange bit - a more comfortable ride (even going over speed bumps)!!.
I know that i may have issues with a fully laden car (bottoming out etc), but i'll cross that bridge when i come to it (or no passengers above the age of 10 rule).
So for now i'm very happy and if my wheels fall off or springs pop out i'll let you all know:cool: .
Oh and the cost inc. fitting was £125!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts