SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night i put on the transmission mount. It wasnt too hard, a couple of the bolts were a pain in the ***. I was able to do it without jacking up the car, and the splash gaurd was easy to take off. Probably took me an hour or so to do because of pesky bolts. But it just bolts right on, very straight forward. I didnt use a torque wrench, just tightened them down.

But the first drive I could infact tell the difference in the cabin upon startup. It is kind of like a deep rumble, almost like what happens when you have a crack in your exhaust. But it is not that bad, you cant notice it at speed. I suppose if you are into total comfort and quietness this isnt the mod for you. but i can certainly tolerate the cabin noise, it also does make it a lot louder when it does the funny noises when you are in too low of a gear. But driving wise it definately helps the slop in the sifter. I have to say, when shifting at around 6k it does infact feel smoother, but it isnt as easy as i suspected, but easier none the less. maybe its just because my old tranny mount was in good shape. But it makes going into the gears seemingly easier, and has given me less problems with having to coax it into gear once in a while. All in all I say it is a good upgrade, and it does infact feel like the car transfers power better. If you are looking into driving hard and better shifting id go for it.

And i also changed my champion plugs that came w/the car to ngk bcp 7es-11s. They seemed to be already gapped to nearly 1mm, but i gapped it to about 1.01 because i was unsure of the accuracy because i had these crappy little sticks and i had to add .635mm to .381mm because there was no 1mm stick. But the plugs made the car have a much smoother and acceleration. And these fresh plugs with the new tranny mount make the car seem to pull hard, fast and pretty solid.

Next to buy, lowering sprigns, steering rack brace & clamp, 3" DP, td04 then ecu :cheesy: guess i better find a good summer job. i also have to consider a new clutch soon because its stock at 103k. i guess its good because i will have the oppurtunity to put in a stronger clutch after upping the HP

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
that's interesting that you said it was in good shape at 103k miles. My car is at 98k and I'm pretty sure the trans mount is going. I get a lot of shaking in the shifter when I'm just driving normal. Also when I let off the gas, the shifter moves maybe 1 cm. Its pretty weird. I'm going to the dealor to see if they will replace it under warranty. If not I'll be doing the sport mount myself. Glad to hear its not too too hard.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stromer said:
that's interesting that you said it was in good shape at 103k miles. My car is at 98k and I'm pretty sure the trans mount is going. I get a lot of shaking in the shifter when I'm just driving normal. Also when I let off the gas, the shifter moves maybe 1 cm. Its pretty weird. I'm going to the dealor to see if they will replace it under warranty. If not I'll be doing the sport mount myself. Glad to hear its not too too hard.

i suppose that i had those problems now that i think of it. they seem to be eliminated

1 - 3 of 3 Posts