SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently received the Saab sport exhaust, and I have a quick question. A tube of "Permatex OEM HI-TEMP Ultra Black RTV Silicone" came in the box, however I'm not sure where or if it needs to be applied. My guess is on the joints under the clamps, but the old stock exhaust didn't seem to have any. Where was it intended to go?

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Yes apply this at the junctions of the pipes. For the two clam clamps and the other one (should have another one). You don't need too too much, but probably use most of the tube on all the joints.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Stromer,

Well, it's on the car, and I couldn't be happier with the entire thing. Installation is easy once the old exhaust is off, and the sound is terrific. At idle it has more burble and bass, and during hard acceleration, the sound is deep and powerful, but not at all "ricey." All in all a great upgrade!

·
Registered
642 Posts
Yea I't has a great gurlge and tone, had mine for about seven months then added Jak's 3" DP, sounds gets better. Every now and again on downshift I get that "pop" little backfire and for some odd reason I like it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
i use with with jak's dp and i get alot of compliments on how it sounds.....also i didnt use any of the sealing stuff and i havent had any problems. i dont think i received any...dont remember where i orderd it from

1 - 5 of 5 Posts