SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a stupid question but whats the different between the sport exhaust at GenuineSaab and TheSaabSite. The only reason i think there different is the price. So are the same exhaust unit?

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
All I know is the one at genuine is great. Highly reccomended. That's all you need to know. :D

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
The saab sport exhaust is the same no matter where you go.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hows it fit

Does anyone have photos of how theirs fit? Mine sticks way out the back, almost even with the back end of the car??? Bad installation? Thought it would tuck up underneath more.?

thanks

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
You can fix that by how the last section comes together with the section thats under the car, losen the clamp and have someone under the car twist the last section around and whatnot. Mine was offcenter and just wasnt looking right untill I just tweaked how the pipes were and all is fine.

Without anything on the end, in this picture its hard to tell but the end of the pipe was flush with the black on the bottom of the bumper.

This is with a tip on...

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
dasaabguy said:
Put a saabcatalog rear bumper on and it wont stick out as much :cheesy:
Workin on it:cheesy:

·
Registered
9,423 Posts
The saab sport exhaust is more expensive at saabsite. It happens. Note they also have a Simmons sport exhaust W/ a nice tip for $385, though. It maintains a center resonator but glasspack-style

Another option is to replace those parts at a shop w/ glasspack and nice free-flo muffler like a magnaflo. But if you just want something in the mail you can swap out, go for it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
The simmons is the one I purchased, nice exhaust -- just sticks out of the reat opening a long way. I posted links to pics further up this thread. Going to see if I can adjust it anymore (as soon as the rain stops)..if not...lop off some of the tubing to get it to sit further up under the car!

I guess maybe it fits right, I don't know as I don't have anything to compare it to...but to me it looks like a big ole fart pipe like some rice rocket would have and THAT WILL NOT DO!!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
whats the diameter of the stock piping? If you just swap out the resonator and muffler you arent gaining any piping dimater right?....

·
Registered
371 Posts
on genuinesaab , the JT 3in is 379. With their catless downpipe, the whole turboback is 527. That sounds like a better alternative because you gain the benefit of the larger pipe. Does that setup sound decent?

·
Registered
9,423 Posts
cpenning623 said:
whats the diameter of the stock piping? If you just swap out the resonator and muffler you arent gaining any piping dimater right?....
Yep, stock IS 2.5. The benefit is the center resonator is removed on the sport and the muffler is free-flow. Swapping the stock resonator for a glasspack is practically the same as deleteting the resonator all-together.

·
Registered
145 Posts

·
Registered
9,423 Posts
Eh, looks alreight to me. A bit more pronounced but not bad. If you don't care for it that way, you could always have someone cut out a piece and weld it back on shorter.

·
Registered
221 Posts
bkrell said:
Yep, stock IS 2.5. The benefit is the center resonator is removed on the sport and the muffler is free-flow. Swapping the stock resonator for a glasspack is practically the same as deleteting the resonator all-together.
um... just wondering, is it worth the money to put the sport exhaust on the 900S nonturbo 2.3?? and does it give it a good sound??

1 - 20 of 22 Posts