SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I are looking to add a second Saab to our growing fleet. I was at the dealer today looking at Sport Combi's and all of the 07's (no 08's on the lot yet) had the black roof bars on them running from front to back. Many of the pictures I have seen of the 07 do not have the black roof bars. Does anyone know if they can be removed? I have the the saab OEM roof rack system on my 2005 93 and would like to use them on our forthcoming Sport Combi.

Here is a pic of the roof bars I am talking about:

http://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/na/archive/00278/Saab_9-3_SportCombi_278243g.jpg

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Yes, they can be removed but you have to buy the roof trim strips that runs from the front to back of the car. My understanding is that the trim strips run around $200 and can be ordered in the color of your car. It's an easy DIY job - remove the rails and trim strips and install the new trim strips. You can probably recover some of your costs buy selling the roof rails and trim strips (color dependent of course) to another Combi owner. Keep in mind I'm not a Combi owner so I don't have any first-hand experience with it but you can verify the prices with your dealer or parts suppliers.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Yes I agree, the roof rails are ugly. Some roof rails look good on other wagons, but not on the Sportcombi...Saab made them too tall and too long to look good.

·
Registered
128 Posts
The roof bars you are referring to are actually called "roof rails" in the accessory catalog. I have the roof bars which I think look great (they are installed perpendicular to the roof rails) and have SAAB printed discreetly on ea.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts