SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The sport button on my 2008 9-5 engages and won't unengage when the temperature is below 50 degrees or when it rains. Seriously.

Any thoughts on what might be causing that and what can be done about it?

Thanks,
Edward

·
Registered
282 Posts
Is the SPORT button an alternate-contact button, or is it supposed to stay down when it's engaged. then you push it again and it pops back up to go back to NORMAL mode? (apologies for my suss terminology -pun intended!)

·
Registered
10,957 Posts
Momentary push button.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Right (thanks) - momentary, I remember that now!
How do you remove the button? I know you're going to tell me to look up the WIS.
I did try gently to pull it up using two screwdrivers but no good. Thought I could try feeding thin wire around it to pull it up. maybe rubber grease painted around it?
Thought occurs that it's been in the down position for a long time so its return spring might be U/S by now.

·
Registered
282 Posts
The WIS tells me to "remove the front part" of the selector lever (it's an Auto). Doesn't tell you HOW to remove it. Is it clipped in? lever it out? break off clips? get in more trouble than the early settlers?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Interesting, My transmission selector lever doesn't have a screw connecting the front and back, I can only think that they're held together by clipping. I wonder if the S speed button is repairable. It would need the return spring lengthening I guess.

·
Registered
10,957 Posts
Somebody have done something there earlier.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Somebody have done something there earlier.
Interesting Mimmi, the car is a one-owner (friend) -a known 'virgin' car. MY2000 9-3 3D. I'll have another look.
If I do get the button out, are they fixable you reckon? I'm assuming the return spring would need stretching and the button 'hole' might need opening out a fraction so it moves freely.

·
Registered
10,957 Posts
I never opened sport button, because I have never issues with it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts