SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the other day my sport button stopped working. I checked my fuse for my tranny and it seemed ok. I been searching the forums but haven;t seen any solutions. Anyone have any idea how to pop the button off to look at it? i miss my sport mode. I need it back.

·
Registered
'02 9-5 Aero Wagon, '88 SPG, '02 Viggen Vert, '01 Viggen 4dr, +Triumphs & MGs
1,748 Posts
When you hit the sport button - does the sport light go on? Does the button feel like it is working?

Because if it is not the switch/wiring - then it goes to the TCM as fault as all the switch does it tell the module which program to run.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Generally speaking , these buttons and switches can be pried up using a pocket screwdriver.

If in fear, try a little pry tool made of plastic or wood.
Better to break the tool rather than damage/mess up the switch..

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No Lighting up

The liight in the instrument cluster doen;t light up, and it doesn;t feel like its kicking in, i was thinking about unpluging my battery to reset the computer in the car see if that helps. Have you pried yours off before?

·
Registered
'02 9-5 Aero Wagon, '88 SPG, '02 Viggen Vert, '01 Viggen 4dr, +Triumphs & MGs
1,748 Posts
actually you could try spraying some contact cleaner in there before prying - see if you can loosen anything up - because it sounds like the switch may be the culprit. That would be my first move....then on to prying :cheesy:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cleaner?

any recommendations on a contact cleaner? also when prying it off i have some Nylon probing tools from work, and there any clips in it i should be careful of

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
CRC has a good electrical contact cleaner that is harmless to plastic (important). As posted by Flashheart, try the spray, then pry ,and use those nylon pieces ,pry a little at a time.

Sometimes there is a little notch for the pry bar (pocket screwdriver) at the item to be lifted..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts