SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so last night I went for a nice drive on the back roads. fast acceleration, nice corners etc etc.

after a while my brakes will start to make a noise every time the tire rotates around. its like a loud clicking noise every rotation, kind of hard to describe but happens on both front brakes. but i only hear it when i'm not pressing the brakes. if i do press the brakes, it goes away. it seems to only start once the brakes get really hot and heat up. if i let the car sit for 20-30 mins, the noise goes away and its completely fine. i have had this on and off for the past couple months, but it hasn't been a big issue i would just like to get this solved.

does anybody know what this might be?

·
Registered
SAABless booo
2,519 Posts
Hmmm that's a weird one. I guess one thing you could do to rule out caliper issues is to drive the car to a certain speed then let it coast in neutral and see how long it takes for the speed to go down. Then do some spirited driving, and when that sound is present, do the neutral coast again and see if the speed decreases faster than usual.

Out of curiosity which back roads are you talking about? I wouldn't mind doing the same driving I just don't know where to go lol

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I had a similar problem on a car that i had to fix for somebody, turned out to be a loose brake caliper that only sometimes clicked. I would definately be going over the brakes and checking everything is tight! Might be the pads clicking as they may not be a perfect fit, i have seen that before as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts