SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have just bought a 2001 9-3 SE 5D 2.0T and noticed a noise coming from the heater control area that sounds like fan motor whining ? Seems to carry on after the engine shuts off - doesn’t seem to be to connected to the heater blower motor - is this the AC sensor fan maybe ? Thanks

·
Registered
2000 9-3 Aero 5d
649 Posts
It is the interior cabin sensor. Its located in the vent area next to your front heated seat controls. The noise is associated with dust, and 'fur' on the motor. You can pull it out and clean it, or you can replace it. They are not very expensive (less than US$100).

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mort - you couldn’t give me a break down on how to remove the interior cabin sensor could you ? Thanks

·
Registered
7,159 Posts
Pull out the ACC unit, remove the grille from the fan. Use a credit card or something similar to release the clips from the fan in FRONT, then withdraw it from the BACK via the ACC cavity.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Mine was very noisy. I thoroughly cleaned it out and put a drop of 3-in-one oil on the fan shaft. It's so quiet now, I had to shine a flashlight to verify it was still working! You don't want to over lubricate it. Try putting a drop of oil on a small screwdriver, then put the screwdriver on the shaft and let the oil run down to it.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers for the advice everyone - will get to this on the weekend ! Love this forum ! A problem shared is a problem solved !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts