SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi SC
i want to upgrade my 00 lpt suspension with a 2004 aero at my local junk yard my plan so far is to remove the 3 bolts and nuts from the balljoint and the three bolts from the strut tower brake lines tie rod ends and swaybar links and axle from the transmission of course then remove the spindle with everything. i know for sure that the only part that i can reuse from my car is the swaybar links and the lower control arm my questions are
will the strut mount fit in the same position?
will the 2004 axles fit my manual trans?
are the brake lines the same?
and will the 02-09 tie rod ends fit my steering rack?
any help pointers and suggestions just keep in mind that money is an issue as i just bought a clutch kit and poly bushing for the whole front end, since i'm dropping the subframe i want to do the brakes as well and put the cobalt ss brembos in the future if i can find one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
so i went to the scrap yard today to find that my donor car had no spindles and no axels just the struts someone beat me to them i'm now looking for another donor car i know off harry's u pull it but is all the way in Hazleton pa they got 3 9-5s between 03-05 but is a 4 hour round trip.
does anyone know if i can use the same steering rack for this project?
or the part number of the bracket that enables the 9-5 aero 00-01 to use the 308mm rotors?
and that way i can try out the spectra b coilovers by keeping my spindles:D
thanx

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.