SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have a 1990 convertible, with the ugly airbag steering wheel, someone local to me is selling a 1988 spg non airbag steering wheel, will it bolt right up or will I need a different hub?

They also have a 1988 spg kit, will it be bolt in to my 1990 convertible?

·
Registered
10,081 Posts
They also have a 1988 spg kit, will it be bolt in to my 1990 convertible?
Ignore the year. The sheetmetal never changed in any relevant way.

Is the kit off a 3dr? If so, then doors, front wings and front bumpers will fit. I dunno about the rear quarters - but the rear bumper won't.

Dunno about the non-airbag wheel, but you might need to look into insurance side-effects of removing the bag.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes the car is a 3 door, I probably won't get the kit since the back bumper dosen't fit, not concerned about the airbag, not an issue around here for a car this old to have it removed

·
Registered
888 Posts
yes the car is a 3 door, I probably won't get the kit since the back bumper dosen't fit, not concerned about the airbag, not an issue around here for a car this old to have it removed
Who has the kit? I am looking for one.

I know an earlier wheel will fit onto a 92 [ask me how I know] so it may work for you but the horn won't work...the contact will need modification.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Who has the kit? I am looking for one.

I know an earlier wheel will fit onto a 92 [ask me how I know] so it may work for you but the horn won't work...the contact will need modification.
Thanks for the good info guys, I'm gonna go ahead and get the wheel, the guy that has the spg kit it is located in MA , he said he is missing the drivers side front fender piece and it's grey, shipping probably won't be worth it though, I can forward you his posting if you want it.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Thanks for the good info guys, I'm gonna go ahead and get the wheel, the guy that has the spg kit it is located in MA , he said he is missing the drivers side front fender piece and it's grey, shipping probably won't be worth it though, I can forward you his posting if you want it.
Please do send me the posting....thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts