SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 10-piece SPG bodykit without realising it was for the 3-doors, rather than for my vert. Does anyone have a spare rear section for the vert they can pass me? I'm willing to swap my 3-door version for it.

·
Registered
423 Posts
The SPG rear bumper extensions are among the hardest parts to find. They only came on the 600 1991 900 SE's and the 288 1988 SISs that were shipped to dealers from Saab. So between 800 and 900 kits TOTAL unless I'm mistaken. Whereas the hatchback SPG rear bumper extensions were on all the SPGs ever imported, plus dealer accessories and ad-ons which was a considerable amount more.

So if you can find a set at all, I would doubt someone would want to trade straight up - the vert ones are worth more (I just had a set of each listed myself on the classifieds and the vert ones listed for $100 more went within an hour of the ads going up).

That said, your other option is to trim the set that you have down to fit the vert. That is the more common and cost-effective way of going about turning your vert into an SPG. I would just measure the width of your original non-SPG bumper extensions and use those measurements to trim the SPG extensions down.

Good luck!

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, all. I agree.

I'll get to it once my knee is back to its normal ROM and will try to document it for posterity.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts