SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an 02 Aero estate (wagon for the US lads)
I love it when its on song, but living in the highlands of scotland with some great twisty roads I really need to speed up the spooling time on the Turbo
Ive put in a K&N filter and drilled the airbox so far and have noticed a bit of differnece but when flying up and down the gears I'm still getting too much lag for my like.
whats the next best mod?
I really want the BSR PPC but am wanting to change out the shocks to Bilstein Sports first, and I've recently spent a fortune on my bike (a blackbird I've rebuilt from the ground up after writing it off last year then blowing up the engine on the track;oops: ) so can't realy justify it just now, are there any other cost effective options to get me on boost quicker?
I'm quite handy when it comes to spanners so would consider anything

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
This:
http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=47_53&products_id=471

And this:
http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=47_53&products_id=407

And, IMHO, this:
http://www.customtubesinc.com/catal...id=88&osCsid=29b39ba66d3aa35db457cc45675d6dde

Remember, if your going to go with Bilstein Sports, you gotta get a lowering spring. Stipud and I have been preaching the Bilstein HD's and the stock Aero springs, and Stipud got me hooked on them! They are an AMAZING combo of a handling upgrade and a comfort UPGRADE as well. The car is more comfortable to ride in now, surprisingly!

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
SectorNine50 said:
Remember, if your going to go with Bilstein Sports, you gotta get a lowering spring. Stipud and I have been preaching the Bilstein HD's and the stock Aero springs, and Stipud got me hooked on them! They are an AMAZING combo of a handling upgrade and a comfort UPGRADE as well. The car is more comfortable to ride in now, surprisingly!
He's in the UK... so sports there = HD's here. Sprints there = sports here. Good thinking Bilstein :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
stipud said:
He's in the UK... so sports there = HD's here. Sprints there = sports here. Good thinking Bilstein :roll: :lol:
Oh yeah... ;oops:

I prolly gave you all wrong links then. You can get all that kind of stuff on that side of the pond on websites like www.partsforsaabs.com and www.abbottracing.com. I got excited... sorry... BUT! You get the idea! :cool:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SectorNine50 said:
Oh yeah... ;oops:

I prolly gave you all wrong links then. You can get all that kind of stuff on that side of the pond on websites like www.partsforsaabs.com and www.abbottracing.com. I got excited... sorry... BUT! You get the idea! :cool:
No probs :) was looking for suggestions of components once I've decided what to fit I'll worry about sourcing them.
The company I work for has a manufacturing plant in Kentucky so I've been considering buying when I'm over your side and bringing them back cause you guys get everything so much cheaper than us:cry:

·
Registered
270 Posts
with my limited knowledge, what about disconnecting that evap line from the apc valve (top connection) and plugging the hose. That costs nowt and made heaps of difference on my car. Something to do with cr..ppy non return valve which limits boost..?

Also, "if you don't use it you lose it". I think its 7 ignition starts that the management system learns from, before it really adapts.

You could also try pulling fuse 17 for half an hour. I believe that this then goes to base settings, and you find out what the car can really do ?

If I'm speaking out of turn, apologies...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Karl said:
with my limited knowledge, what about disconnecting that evap line from the apc valve (top connection) and plugging the hose. That costs nowt and made heaps of difference on my car. Something to do with cr..ppy non return valve which limits boost..?

Had been thinking about this even have the right bolt sitting in the door pocket just need to tiewrap it into the hose, been thinkning it's getting worse possibly pointing to this being about to fail (although the gauge goes into the red plenty when being caned) or me getting too used to the acceleration and needing more;)

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
9000Trubble said:
Had been thinking about this even have the right bolt sitting in the door pocket just need to tiewrap it into the hose, been thinkning it's getting worse possibly pointing to this being about to fail (although the gauge goes into the red plenty when being caned) or me getting too used to the acceleration and needing more;)
You can give it a shot w/o a zip tie for a little bit. I didn't have one for a long time.

·
Registered
803 Posts
If you cut off the rear muffler and replace it with just a straight tailpipe, you'll get quicker spool times, of course, it'll also be louder and may attract ricers. They're mindless and gravitate towards anything that makes more noise than it did when it left the factory. Like insects, really.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Cliche` said:
If you cut off the rear muffler and replace it with just a straight tailpipe, you'll get quicker spool times, of course, it'll also be louder and may attract ricers. They're mindless and gravitate towards anything that makes more noise than it did when it left the factory. Like insects, really.
Because of this, I'd just get a 3" mendral bent exhaust, that way it still seems like a luxury car more than a "boy racer" car.

Oh, and check this out:
http://www.genuinesaab.com/psi/files/Service Method-adapt.pdf :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts