SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to load up the WIS to figure out which wires were Positive vs. Negative to connect my new speakers. In case anybody needs this, here you go. The number at the end I think is the number labeled on the connector. Looks like 2 is always positive and 1 is always negative.

Front Left
Positive BN 2
Negative BN/GY 1

Front Right
Positive BN/BK 2
Negative BN/RD 1

Door Left (LHD)
Positive YE/WH 2
Negative OG/WH 1

Door Right (LHD)
Positive GY 2
Negative BN/RD or OG/WH 1

Rear Left
Positive BN/WH 2
Negative BN 1

Rear Right
Positive BK/GN 2
Negative BK/WH 1

·
Registered
12,793 Posts
I should have taken a look at the WIS, just put new speakers and amp in the wife's car and have a hiss coming from the passenger side fronts, looks like I did it backwards :cheesy: Do I risk damage leaving it hooked up backwards for a few days?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
your hiss would not be caused by having the polarity of one or more speakers reversed.

Are you using the factory deck or aftermarket?

·
Registered
12,793 Posts
Aftermarket, no hiss before I installed new speakers/amp but they were so bad it may not have been noticeable (no foam on doors or rears). I'm gonna reground the amp and try to shield the power wire, since I also get alternator whine too.

·
Registered
190 Posts
This had me SO confused and angry earlier (then i remembered you guys here at SC :) ), thanks for posting this up!

SO, to recap, a generic euro/VW aftermarket wiring harness adapter has the polarity orientation reverse of the factory markings/schematic (this is confirmed, as i'm looking at both in my hand) just to throw that out there...;ol;

·
Registered
42 Posts
With speakers, if all the wires are backwards it doesn't matter. It's only a problem if one of the speakers isn't wired the same, it'll be out of phase with the rest.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts