SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For starters I have a 06 2.8 T 93 Aero. I've never had any problems with the sound system until today. When I was driving to campus I stopped at Mcdonalds to get some breakfast and when I got back into my car my rear speakers starting to make a random simultaneous popping noise. Its the big outer two rear speakers...maybe 6x9s??? not sure. I popped the drunk to observe the noise and they both make a "pop" at the same time in a random interval. It doesn't matter if there is bass. Not sure if it's the amp or wiring problems. Not sure if this matters either, but I'm not one to really jam out... the bass is set the neutral position. There is still sound coming from all the others...at least there seems to be. All feedback is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Seth

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi

it sounds like the neutral connection to the amplifier, check the connections at the back of the amplifier, also check the cable resistance to make sure has not broken down some where. its not the optic cable as if you have lost them then you would lose 90% of your sound system also the bus cables if you have lost them then the chances of your system powering up will 2nd to none.

·
Registered
59 Posts
do you mean the rear 4 inch speakers or do you have 6x9s because the 4 inchers are off the radio not an amplifier the configuration goes as follows two dash speakers off radio the two door woofers are off amp one and the two rear four inch are off the radio if equipped the rear 6x9's are off amp two in the driver rear trunk and those speakers also come with tweeters for highs and the center channels speaker in the front dash should be wired in parallel to the front dash speakers if you have a dmm put it on ohms and connect your leads to the speaker terminals you should get around 4 ohms on the 4 inch speakers and about 2 ohms if you have the 6x9's hope that helps

·
Super Moderator
9,437 Posts
headunit powers l/r dash & l/r rear 4" speakers(4ohm) & 4 tweeters(13 speakers only)

amp1 powers front door speakers(2ohm) & center dash speaker..

amp2 powers rear 6x9's(4ohm)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I took it to the dealership and the tech said that the amp is shortening out. Therefore, I would have to get a new amp. For now, I just unplugged my two 6x9s and just don't have hardly any good base quality. Does anyone know where I can get one????

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts