SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody had this happen? I pulled out the SID the other day and sprayed it out with some canned air. Other than restoring the few dead pixels, the sounds is still out on the speaker. Is there anyway to fix this without replacing the whole unit? I guess a new one could be soldered in, but there is no telling whether or not that would ruin something else. A whole bunch of my friends went on to be electrical engineers. I guess if I had to, I could ask one of them to solder it for me if that would fix it. It's not a big deal, I do like to hear my turn signals though.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I could ask one of them to solder it for me if that would fix it. It's not a big deal, I do like to hear my turn signals though.
Consider yourself lucky sir! I purposly stuck some cotton over the top of my speaker and reinstalled the sid to lower the volume of it. If you have 0 sound, just remove the sid, remove the cover/plastic grill and look at the speaker itself. see if there are any obstructions or if anything is poking it to prevent the speaker from moving. it could be a bad solder on the backof it which is an easy fix. or it could be bad plain and simple.
leave the sid out but plug in the harness so you can experament by grabbing the speaker and trying to wiggle it to see if the sound comes back. never know, probably just loose.
//JJ

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Sid units have speakers?

·
Registered
10,602 Posts
For the most part, a speaker is a speaker. If you can find one small enough to fit in there, it will work. A couple of people here have used speakers out of old PCs that have worked fine.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I replaced the one in my wifes vert with one from a stuffed toy (silly slammer). It has been working great for about 8-9 months.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts