SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2006 93 AERO 2.8T V6

bought NGK Iridium IX LFR6AIX-11 6619

I dont have proper skill to change the sparks all by myself, so I went down to local repair shop to ask them to help me on this.

they told me the NGK sparks wont fit and they said Denso SK20HR11 3421(charge me $9 for each) is the OEM sparks for my car.

I believe I saw people mentioned that NGK PLFR6C-10G is the stork sparks.

should I trust them?

BTW: amazon could tell whether the part fit your car or not, is this system reliable? seems not to me right now

BTW X2: an absolutely unrelated question, what u guys think of USPS? Thing is they lost 3 of my packages within A MONTH, and their customer services is just miserable!

·
Super Moderator
20,045 Posts
Spark Pugs for 2.8T:
PLFR6C-10G
Gap: 0.9 – 1.0 mm

Oh...and MIZ!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spark Pugs for 2.8T:
PLFR6C-10G
Gap: 0.9 – 1.0 mm

Oh...and MIZ!
-ZOU, wheee~
haha ,didnt expect this coming.

he mentioned 2 NGK would fit my car, one seems to be the one you mentioned

but he strongly insists I go for the DENSO, and I was kinda, you know.

(TOM's Import btw, thought u might know them)

·
Super Moderator
20,045 Posts
-ZOU, wheee~
haha ,didnt expect this coming.

he mentioned 2 NGK would fit my car, one seems to be the one you mentioned

but he strongly insists I go for the DENSO, and I was kinda, you know.

(TOM's Import btw, thought u might know them)
Didn't have my Saab when I was there, so don't know Tom's. The Denso's are fine too.

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
Denso's are fine, the NGK will fit.
I just did a V6 full blow tune up, wasn't that hard.

·
Registered
529 Posts
The plugs you bought are fine. The stock plugs are NGK so I don't know why they are pushing Denso. These also work LFR7AIX despite the Amazon part finder which works 85% of the time. I've had both Denso and NGK, no difference. Best to always confirm with the manufacturers website before purchasing on Amazon.

Its your money, have them install what you purchased, or find another mechanic or learn to do it yourself.

As far as USPS, I live in Hawaii and have never had anything lost. Hundreds of purchases from ebay and Amazon. A phone stolen once, but that's it in 15 years of living here. Personally, I don't think things get lost, they get stolen.

·
Registered
529 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
I assume you have the WIS, once you gently move some of the piping out of the way, you should be able to get them out. 1,3 are not too bad 5 has more things in the way. Are you having a problem disconnecting the coil or removing them? Once you get them disconnected a pair of pliers like these will help you get them up gently.

Amazon.com: TEKTON 3492 11-Inch Long Reach 90-Degree Bent Nose Pliers: Home Improvement
Thanks. Had trouble disconnecting the coils. Just couldn't get my hands in there. Have the WIS and got everything out of the way (I think). The coil connectors are just really tight

·
Registered
529 Posts
Push from one side with a screwdriver, once it gets moving a little you can pry from the other side until it pops off. Just go slow, don't want to break the tab.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts