SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so i found myself a spare parts car. Problem is that mine is 93 aero 2003 year and the spare part car is non aero 93 2002 year. Was thinking of buying radio from that 2002 car. Seems like he has without display so its icm2, i have icm3. I kno it needs marrying but will it fit? Also does this 2002 model has amp1 under driver seat? And would the front and rear lights fit my 2003. They look alot alike. Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
20,205 Posts
Well, the model year for the sports sedan began in 2003. 2002 model year were hatchback. So if it's a sedan everything can be used on your car.

<--- Sep2002 build, not a 2002 :cool:

Without display is ICM1. Unlikely to have amp under seat.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But the icm should still fit and work fine if married? Also does it have the onboard conputer panel thing. Where the night panel switch and esp is?

·
Super Moderator
20,205 Posts
unsure what you are asking. This is what an icm1 looks like:

yes, you can add it with tech2. probably dont even need to

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes exactly these two parts are that i want to replace. Why dont i need to marry the icm? Ive heard if replacing i would need to marry. Would be super good news if no marrying needed ?

·
Super Moderator
20,205 Posts
Been awhile, but from what I recall going backwards ICM3 to ICM2/1 there is less functionality so it works fine. Provided you are reusing your EHU there shouldn't be any issues, but again it's been awhile.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So got the icm1 installed. Still having radio probs. It does a click click sound on speakers thwn shuts down or random restart. Amp1?? . Anyway the icm1 works fine but i cant gwt aux working. I have aux input inside armrest. Pressing cd twice does nothing.

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
You need TECH2 to add ICM to your car. You need it for AUX also.
Chech how many speakers you have or check if there is AMP1 under driver seat.

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
So you have AS1-7. Not common but I have met some.

·
Super Moderator
20,205 Posts
So you have AS1-7. Not common but I have met some.
His was an ICM3 but he swapped to an ICM1.

Anyways, did you swap the entire unit including EHU or just the ICM?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just icm. So i would need the ehu thats behind acc panel to make aux work? What about my ranfom rrstarts and clicks and pops symptoms. May it be the amp1

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anyone had acc unit problem? Sometimes the fans just wont start but everything on display works and buttons.

·
Super Moderator
20,205 Posts
Lots of people. Search using word "blower" and you'll find tons with fixes. Also see how to sticky up top.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So i tested the blower motor. Took another battery and put it into fan terminals it did make a little click sound but didnt start. Putting multimetwr to terminals on fan motor it beeps and gets like 0 to 1 0hms i think. I checked the device before fan connector. Plug from car has 12v but out from the device (its controller i thibk) doesnt come out. So my cobtroller is fried and motor seized maybe??

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So foxed my blower motor controller by heating it. Works fine now. But i still have radio probs. The radio works fine when cars engine temp isnt 90 deg. Is it possible that something is overheating? Now it only makes a click and 3 second radio restart and starts up just fine. I have dead pixels on my icm3 and sometimes the screen is rly fukd up. Even if the screen aint working or freezed in loading system it still works but makes random restarts. I have good bass and sound is good and everythink. If its not amp1 what is?? Opened up acc panel yesterday and i touched a device plbelow it. I thibk it was EHU and it was hot. Is this normal?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Now its behaving rly funny. My icm3 screen has no pixels any more, screen is brillian. But literally as soon as engine gets 90deg it starts shutting on and off with sometimes some bangs from rear speakers.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok guys, anyone help now. WHY MY ICM3 RANDOMLY RESTARTS FROM TIME TO TIME. WHEN I SCROLL SELECT BUTTON OR PUSH ON RADIO OR DISC IT KINDA RESTARTS IMMEDIATELY EVERY FKING TIME. COMES BACK VERY FAST AND WORKS FINE. SOMETIMES WHEN IT DOES HIS RESTART THEN SELECT SCROLLING BUTTON AINT WORKING NO MORE, DISPLAY IS FREEZED. CHECKED MY AMP1 AND EHU AND KINDA EVERYTHING. GOT THAT RED LIGHT ON EVERY COMPONENT PLUG. ONE THING MORE. SOME RESTARTS START WITH HIGH PITCH BEEP AND THEN CLICK OR BANG SOUND (THAT SEEMS LIKE COMING FROM BACK SPEAKERS) .

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Update. ICM3 SCREEN WORKS PERFECTLY NOW. NO PIXELS NO FREEZES. JUST WHEN PRESSING RADIO OR CD IT DOES A RESTART. I CAN SEE FROM CD PLAYER LED THE POWER IS CONSTANTLY TURNING ON AND OFF. THEN WHEN IT COMES ON AND RADIO ISNT WORKING BUT DISPLAY IS THE BLINKERS ALSO DOESNT MAKE SOUND. OTHERWISE I CAN NAVIGATE EVERYTHING THRU ICM3 BESIDES CLIXKING ON RADIO OR CD. ANYWAY ITS EHU OR AMP1? MAYBE SOMETHING ELSE? ALREADY OPENED UP THEM BOTH, COULDN DIAGNOSE ANYTHING.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts