SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the dealer when i first bought my car used 2 months ago to get my 2nd keyfob programmed to the car. After it was there for an hour they said they could'nt program it because the vin number of the car does not match that of the actual computer. Why is this the case and could i ever get a spare keyfob for my car?

·
Super Moderator
9,364 Posts
in other words your alleged spare key is not the one for your car & is probably off another car(fobs can only be programmed once)which is why it can't be programmed to your car..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i went to my local saab dealer. The spare keyfob i bought was straight from the dealer and never programmed to another car, it was brand new in the package.

·
Super Moderator
9,364 Posts
The spare keyfob i bought was straight from the dealer and never programmed to another car, it was brand new in the package.
there should be no problem then.but what do they mean by computer..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
there should be no problem then.but what do they mean by computer..
they barely gave me information. all they did was say that the vin number of the car was unidentifiable so they couldnt copy the key without the origonal vin used for the origonal key. sorry if you dont understand, i did'nt either.

·
Registered
238 Posts
LOL what, are they claiming that the VIN in your windshield is a fake or something? Are they trying to mask their incompetence?

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
man they are bull****ting you... that is ****ing ridiculous. :evil:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i guess ill have to try another dealer when i get the chance, im annoyed because i shouldnt have this trouble .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts