SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed one of my rear deck speakers was cracking so I bought a used HK replacement online and it makes the same noise. I also have noticed the sound almost sounds like it skips out. Confirmed this is whether the audio is a cd or AUX. Since I've replaced the rear deck speaker already, I'm wondering if it could be the amp? What could possibly be causing this issue?

Help!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I would try switching your known good rear deck speaker to the side that youre having issues with first. If you still get the same result, then i would try checking the wiring and the plug that goes into the speaker for any faults. I dont know much about audio systems but i rarely hear of a failing amp. Im suspecting a wire problem

Edit: Especially in a 2009 i would highly doubt a faulty amp. I still own a 2004 9-5 thats had no issues, and in my family we have an 03, another 04, and an 05 with no amp issues

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's an update:

Coming home from work the other night I had the same issue of the sound skipping out and the songs with a lot of bass would make just the rear passenger speaker (the one I replaced) crack, pop and buzz. When I got home I just unplugged the speaker and the next day the skipping out issue was gone, no matter how high I turned the volume up or how much bass there was. So it seems the issue is related to that one speaker. Would a bad speaker cause the audio to skip out like it did?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
If you know how to use a multimeter i will suggest you to check the continuity of the door wiring. seems a short or bad contact.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I remember I had an issue like this on my old BMW. The shock mount for the amp was loose. So when you hit bumps it cut out. Idk if there's a shock mount on the Saabs (I haven't had an issue with audio yet)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts