SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am new here and wanted to see if anyone had a similar problem as I do.
I have a 03 Linear and this morning when I started the car there was no sound and no beeping whatsoever inside the car. Everything works okay, except there is no sound coming out of the speakers. The radio is not working, the turn signals ticking is also missing. The initial beeping when you turn the key until the Check OK appears is also gone. The OnStar announcement also does not work. I checked the fuses related to the audio system and I switched the relays to see if that would help but still the sound is missing. I would really appreciate it if anyone can help with some input. Thank you

·
Registered
846 Posts
Cant say I have experienced anything like that. Have you tried reseating the (positive) battery cable? AKA..have you tried rebooting the system?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Theres another fuse under the hood. I want to say its a 15 or 20 amp fuse that is not labeled anything to do with the audio system. If this blows, the radio will not work at all. I'd just pull them all and check them individually, its how I figured out that I had blown it.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'll second the AMP1 failure.

Look at the amp under the front left seat. It is a silver box on the left, looking from the rear

Water gets onto these cars and conveniently convenes on the floor under the seat, causing the AMP to fail, which in turn, breaks the O-Bus.

If the O-Bus is broken, there will be no sounds at all.

·
Registered
108 Posts
F25 was the fuse, actually, guess it is labeled as Amp II. This was due to Amp I going bad.

Was going to say, something in your fiber optic loop isn't working, and it is normally Amp I under the driver's seat. Though I have heard of the CD changer causing this too. If it is Amp I, don't let Saab charge you 1k to replace it, getting it rebuilt is much cheaper.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DOH!

Umm..yeah..what he said!
Yep, I knew what to do :), unfortunately it didn't help. It can never be that easy... Anyway, tomorrow I'll try the F25 fuse as deven8703 recommended and then I'll check the AMP1. Just to make sure, If I disconnect the Amp1 and close the circuit the audio should be back right? I mean this is the way to find out if the AMP1 is the problem?
I'll let you guys know how things are going...

·
Registered
108 Posts
You'd have to install a fiber optic bypass in order for everything else to turn on.

This might seem really stupid, and I hate to even mention it, because I imagine the turn signal sound would still work, but did you hold down the volume button on the HU?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You'd have to install a fiber optic bypass in order for everything else to turn on.

This might seem really stupid, and I hate to even mention it, because I imagine the turn signal sound would still work, but did you hold down the volume button on the HU?
It's not responding at all. Also the screen is off and I cannot switch between radio and CD...

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Check to make sure you don't have anything underneath any of your front seats sitting on the AMP or wiring. I had this same problem and it was just a CD case that got lodged underneath there. After I pulled it out there was still no sound, but once I turned the car off and then turned it back on the sound was back and everything was working fine.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
It's not responding at all. Also the screen is off and I cannot switch between radio and CD...
Ah, this information is somewhat useful. A failed Amp 1 wouldn't stop the ICM from working.

Sounds like the ICM (the bit with the screen/buttons on it) is dead. As above I'd check the fuse(s) and the connections to the back of the unit.

I've had this happen once (after a battery disconnect) and I ended up leave the negative connection to the battery off for a couple of hours to "reset" the ICM. Hasn't happened since.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts