SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is A 35 offset going to be too small on my aero? I know stock offset is 40. But I figured I could use spacers. I wasn't sure if the tire would be good tho.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
You do realise that the lower the ET number, the further out your wheels poke? Spacers will just make the matter worse! I had read that et35 is fine, as long as the tyre width isnt above 225 it seems. The wheel thread will show good examples of what you will be looking for width and offset wise

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You do realise that the lower the ET number, the further out your wheels poke? Spacers will just make the matter worse! I had read that et35 is fine, as long as the tyre width isnt above 225 it seems. The wheel thread will show good examples of what you will be looking for width and offset wise
Nope didn't know that. I've never really worried about rims on my old cars. Never wanted to throw down the money. I've been trying to find some info on here but my searches come up short.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Offset

The offset refers to how far the wheel edge will stick out and the center of the wheel seats in. The lower the offset number, the more the wheel will be flush with the fender. I think you will be alright with a 35mm offset as I think that is what I am running.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86571

Its at the top of the forum so you cant really miss it, but look in there, a quick skim through will give you the info you need
Yeah I did go through that. There's one comment when someone said that 35mm should work. Some guys is running 30mm with a drop and he's pretty much ok. I just couldn't find that before. I'll probably go with the rims I found. They're unique for our scene.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm running 35 ET offset for my summer setup (no spacers) and it's a perfect fit - no issues whatsoever.
Thanks Vector. What tires are you running? I was planning on 225/40R18

1 - 8 of 8 Posts