SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I've just had the PCV rework done by my local SAAB dealer, unfortionately it has failed to prevent my car from emitting clouds of blue smoke when I take off in the morning (or after work). Do I need a new turbo (please be gentle:roll: )?
And secondly with all the hype regarding SAABs 'alledged' 8yr retrospective warranty, is this something I should be making a lot of noise to someone about?

Cheers ;)

X

·
0 Posts
Hi paulz, well done for getting the PCV system sorted :) Alas it does sound like you need a new turbo. Did the Saab garage not advise you when they did the PCV?? :confused: The smoke is caused by leaking seals but I am sure you have read about this already. The car can carry on like this for ages before a complete failure. When you do get a new turbo I strongly advise that you have the sump dropped and cleaned out along with the strainer. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Reports on the retrospective warranty are all still very sketchy, but it has got to be worth a go. Perhaps a nice long discussion with your dealer is in order..:confused:

Sorry Pal

Finn

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Hiya, I agree with Finn, its new turbo time soon :cry:

Good excuse for an upgrade though;)

Regarding the guarantee, ifyour service history is word perfect then definately go for it, however if like most of use some DIY work or invoices are missing they will wriggle out of any claim :cry:

·
Registered
86 Posts
the 8 year warranty aint worth the paper it is wrote on unless your service records is right up to scratch ie:-all services must be done at the correct time you cant afford to be late with a service or miss 1 out.TAKE IT FROM ME I AM SPEAKING THROUGH EXPERIENCE .it doesnt even matter if in the time you have had the car wither or not you have kept the service book right it goes by previous owners of the car as well.:nono;

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys. :D
I took the car to the dealer today and booked it in to have turbo inspected.
When I asked about warranty he squirmed to put it mildly! (but was quite happy to admit to oil sludging problem before I mentioned warranty)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts