SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I'm a long time 2003 9-3 and 1997 900 owner and love Saabs....but I never drove a 9-5 before and I'm about to pull the trigger on one.

This is how the ad reads:

Super sharp 1999 sparkling white Saab 9-5 2.3 turbo, Automatic, Dual Power Seats, AM/FM/CD, Dual Climate Control, Heated Front/Rear Seats, great brown Leather interior, Power Sunroof, Woodgrain Interior Trim, Power Door Locks, Power Windows, Cruise Control, Tilt Steering Wheel, Rear Defroster, Keyless Entry, Dual Air Bags, ABS, Remote/Heated Side Mirrors, Front Bucket Seats, Map Lights.
Car has156k miles, but just had new engine/transmission installed with only 80k miles!!Also replaced turbo with upgraded model from Aero. maintained and runs/drives excellent. Many new items including 80kk miles engine/transmission, Turbo, All new oil gaskets, belt and fesh synthetic oil change, water pump and all tensioners.

what is a upgraded turbo and how much HP will the car be doing?

I got him down to $3800 and the car is in great shape I think its a done deal...Tell me what you guys think from just the Ad.

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/shook187/?action=view&current=95.jpg

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
1997900s said:
what is a upgraded turbo and how much HP will the car be doing?
The Aero has a better turbo, more reliable and capable of higher power levels, but unless they have changed the ECU the car will have no more power than stock (170bhp), in fact it could be a little more laggy with the bigger turbo.

That said, add an Aero ECU and you'll see real gains ;)

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Al's Red Wagon said:
Is there is a new engine in there? ...
Yes its a brand new one...........................thats done 80,000 miles ;)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Chris 9-5 said:
Yes its a brand new one...........................thats done 80,000 miles ;)

Are you feeling lucky?

“Super sharp1999 sparkling white”

“new engine/transmission installed with only 80 k miles”

This seems like a bit of an Arfur Dailey (a bodge job, or a bit of a con).

Without being more certain of service details, I would say “stay away”.

Pete

1 - 7 of 7 Posts